Kiyoshi Teppei

KIYOSHI X READER:
Long Distance Love/
Hey There Delilah
_______________________

Hey there Delilah,
I've got so much left to say.
If every simple song I wrote to you,
would take your breath away.
I'd write it all,
even more in love with me you'd fall,
we'd have it all.

You sing along to the lyrics. The elegant sound blares through the speakers in your bedroom and you swag your body side to side in time with your favourite song. It just seems to hit home.

A small icon pops up in the right hand corner of your laptop. There's an image of your boyfriend's face and a decline and accept button below. You grin and press accept.

Your boyfriend's adorable face comes up on the screen and you were still so wrapped up in the song that you only just realised that it was still playing. You quickly press pause.

Kiyoshi's chuckle brings a smile to your face. "Hey, Y/N." He smiles. "How's my girl today?"

The sentence warms your heart.

"I'm good. Nothing much has happened... School, study, home, music."

"What song were you just listening to?" He asks curiously with his head tipped to the side in an adorable manner.

"Hey There Delilah. Do you know it?" You respond. Kiyoshi thinks hard for a moment and then his face lights up.

"Hey there Delilah,
what's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away,
but girl tonight you look so pretty,
yes you do.
Times Square can't shine as bright as you,
I swear it's true.
Hey there Delilah,
don't you worry about the distance,
I'm right there if you get lonely,
give this song another listen.
Close your eyes,
listen to my voice it's my disguise.
I'm by your side."

Kiyoshi has a stunning voice. One that could put Adele in her place.

For the two years you had been together you had never heard him sing and you wish you had, because he's absolutely amazing.

Your eyes are wide as he stops and coughs awkwardly.

"Sorry... I got a bit carried away." Kiyoshi mumbles and scratches the back of his neck.

"Y-You're so amazing."

"That song reminds me of us."

You smile at his words. "It reminds me of us, too."

Kiyoshi and you had met when you were on holiday in Tokyo two years ago. You two accidentally bumped into each other on the streets and it lead to you explaining that you had no idea where to go.

Your mother and father were thinking about moving to Tokyo because they expected your father to get a two year promotion to work in Tokyo but surprisingly his colleague got it instead.

Your family and you were on holiday there and your mom said to have a look at a school called Seirin High. If your father got the promotion two years ago, that's where you would have gone to school.

Kiyoshi told you that's where he was heading and he was more than happy to walk you there. You two started chatting and hanging out every single day while you were there and over time feelings developed and you fell in love. He introduced you to his grandparents and all of his friends and basketball team. You introduced him to your parents who at first were skeptical but after witnessing you two together, they were amazed and are nothing but supportive now. It was as simple as that, for about another few weeks.

It was devastating when you had to leave Tokyo to go back home. Kiyoshi said goodbye to you at the airport and he had never felt such heartbreak before.

You two Facetime or Skype every night without fail and text in every spare moment.

Your Japanese is fluent, so that makes things a lot easier.

"I miss you, Teppei." You sigh and rest your cheek on your hand.

"I miss you too." He lets out a breath. "But we'll see each other again."

You nod your head and smile brightly at the thought.

The rest of the night was spent with you two talking about Teppei's day and how school, basketball and his injury was for going for him. Eventually you both doze off to sleep in the comfortable presence of each other.

(A/N: i know we all wish time differences didn't exist which is why in my wonderful world of writing, they don't. cya time difference, lavender has beat you.)

» i present to you, a long time skip »

"Today's the day... Y/N." Your mother places her hands on your shoulders and grins.

"Today's the day." You repeat with an equally wide smile.

"I can't believe this is really happening." You shake your head in disbelief.

» what's that? another (shorter) time skip »

You check yourself out in the mirror and tug your skirt down slightly before spinning around.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" You run out of the house with a bag in your hand.

The walk was short and your heart thumped hard in your chest and your breathing was all stuffed up because of your pure nervousness and excitement.

You arrive at the front of school...

Seirin High.

You and the basketball team kept in contact and you told everyone but Teppei that you would be moving to Tokyo and attend Seirin.

Every two years one of the employees gets the opportunity to move to Tokyo to peruse their career over there and represent the company. This year your father was chosen.

The basketball team came up with the idea of putting a blindfold on Teppei and make him stand outside the school while you arrive.

"What are you guys doing?" Teppei's voice is music to your ears. It's completely different when it's over a laptop through a sound system. This is raw and beautiful.

You shoot Hyuuga a smile and he nods. He brings his hands up to your boyfriend's face and takes off the blindfold. Teppei's eyes open and it takes his eyes a moment to adjust to the bright sun.

His eyes land on you.

His whole body stops moving for a second, his chest even stopped rising and falling.

He breaks into a sprint to you and engulfs you in a hug. He spins you around in circles and tears fill his eyes.

"Teppei, I love you."

"I-I love you too. What are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me!? I could have picked you up from the airport and-and-"

You lift your hand up and cup his cheek lovingly. "Calm down, Teppei. All that matters is that we're together again."

He closes his eyes and pushes his cheek further into your small hand, relaxing at your touch.

"Who said long distance relationships can't last? If anything it brought us closer together. Our long distance love."

A/N:

I couldn't choose a title. It was a toss up between Hey There Delilah or Long Distance Love and I was like yolo let's do both.