Aomine Daiki

PROTECTIVE! AOMINE X SHY! READER:
Three Words
_________________________

"You're so beautiful." He leans over the table.

You clench your fist by your side but remain still as the stranger in front of you runs his thumb along your bottom lip.

You had no choice.

» » »

You were always been a shy, reserved girl who had no friends. It wasn't sad, it was just how you were. People didn't want to socialise with you and you simply didn't want to socialise with them back. You're in high school for three years and then you'll never see those people again. That's what you always thought when the word 'friends' came to mind. You studied hard, got straight A's and that's all you needed. You were comfortable with your lifestyle.

That was, until one day when you were walking down the stairs and tripped over a book someone had left carelessly on the staircase. You fell forward but it just so happened that somebody was walking up the stairs at the same time. They caught you.

He caught you.

Aoime Daiki. The most popular boy in the whole school.

You collapsed into his arms and he swiftly grabbed you, but somehow tripped himself. He fell onto his back and you landed ontop of him.

That was when you first met.

"Hey, you're the chick that doesn't speak, aren't you?" He asked. You quickly got off him and scrambled to your feet in a hurry. You had never been that close to somebody before. It made you nervous.

You pointed behind the boy and his eyeline followed your finger. On the floor behind him was one of the books you were carrying. He looked back between your reddened yet emotionless face and the book and then picked it up, passing it to you.

"No thank you?" Aomine asked with a barely noticeable cocky, lopsided smile as he rose to his feet. He completely towered over your small and frail figure.

"..."

You stared up at him and he watched you with interest. He didn't know what you were going to do next and for some weird reason... It excited him.

"No thank you." You said monotonously before walking straight past him with purpose. You were already late to your next class.

"See you 'round." He murmured in surprise at your confident yet rude response as you left his sight.

He needed to talk to you again, no matter what.

After that he wouldn't leave you alone. He had taken an unmistakable and unexpected interest in you. You constantly tried to keep your distance from the famous Aomine Daiki but no matter how hard you tried, you two were somehow inseparable. He always found you and wouldn't leave you alone until you spoke to him. At first he wanted to hear your voice every week. Then, he wished to talk to you everyday. Then eventually, he longed to hear your precious voice talking to him all day long. 

You hated the idea of having friends. No point, really. But when Aoime came into your life, or rather, you landed face first into his life, you began to wonder what it would be like to have a friend. One that was truly important to you.

Over time as your friendship grew, you fell head over heels in love with him. You're dense and fail to properly understand other people and even yourself. So, when you realised you were in love it came as quite a shock to you more than anyone else.

» short backtrack »

"You're the girl that Aoime-kun is always with, right?" A tall pretty girl with big boobs leans onto your desk. She's in your class? Huh, you never noticed.