Kiyoshi Teppei

KIYOSHI X READER:
Home Is Wherever You Are
_______________________
(A/N: riko and teppei never dated in this.)

» » »

"Are you ever going to get over your childhood crush?" Riko asks as she watches you stare dreamily at Kiyoshi.

"Probably not." You simply answer from your seated position on the bench as Kiyoshi palms the ball and passes it to Hyuuga.

"It's unhealthy to be so obsessed with someone, Y/N. Go talk to him." Riko tries to persuade you but you knew you couldn't do it.

You've been best friend's with Kiyoshi Teppei since you can remember. You have also had a crush on him since you can remember. He is the sweetest boy who always has other people's best intentions in mind rather than his own. He's selfless, amazing... And extremely sexy.

You are still best friends now, only it's harder to talk to him. Whenever you see him you immediately think of how much you love him so it's tough trying to make normal conversation with the basketball player.

"You're best friends... Don't you think he has noticed something is up with you?" Riko asks with her head tilted to the side.

You sweatdrop. "Actually, I've kind of acted this way with him my whole life. He wouldn't know something is different, because this is the me which he's always known." You shrug.

"You've always been crazy in love with him? I thought you had known each other since you were children." Riko looks puzzled.

"Yep... I've loved him since I was a child."

"Wow..." Is all she can say.

The two of you are silent for a moment and the only sound in the court is a ball being dribbled.
Then the beautiful sound of Kiyoshi's voice.

"Shoot, Hyuuga!" He exclaims. They are currently having a practice game, the second years against the first.

"What's it like? Having your eyes on only one guy for such a ridiculously long time? I've never had a crush last longer then a year." Riko questions curiously.

"Well, for starters, I still get butterflies every time he picks me up from school. Even seeing him waiting outside my classes makes me all giddy inside. He's my last thought every night and my first every morning. It's weird, but every time he smiles-"

Just as you say this, Kiyoshi smiles brightly as Hyuuga shoots and it enters the basket. You find yourself grinning, not because they scored, but because Kiyoshi was smiling and it made you smile without even realising it.

"- I find myself smiling too."

Riko watches you.

"Interesting."

» » »

"Bye, everyone. I'm heading home." You wave goodbye to all of the team and they send you off with smiles, waves and words of thanks.

"Wait, Y/N! I'll walk you!" Kiyoshi drops the ball and runs to the change rooms. He quickly throws on a clean shirt and grabs his bag before running back out to you. "Okay, let's go." He says goodbye to his teammates.

"Good job today, Teppei." You quietly praise.
"Thanks." He tilts his head to the side and gives you a closed eye smile. You smile back.

"I... Umm, I want to tell you something." Kiyoshi breaks the silence. You look over at him. You two make eye contact and both quickly break away. "I... Really like basketball."

You thought he was going to say something else.

He opens his mouth again to say something, but nothing comes out.
You laugh lightly. "I know that, Teppei." He stares at you for a moment.

The rest of the walk is filled with both comfortable and uncomfortable silence.

"Well, thanks for walking me home. It looks like it's going to rain tonight." You look up at the cloudy sky.

"Yeah, better stay home." He smiles but it doesn't seem to reach his eyes. He waves goodbye and walks off.

You sigh and enter your house.

Is it really too much to ask for, just to have the love of your life love you back?

» » »

You hear a pounding on the front door and look over at the digital clock beside your bed.

2:00 AM

What the damn hell?

Go away.

You try to fall back asleep in hopes that it's just your imagination. The pounding starts again and you knew that if anyone is going to get the damn door in your family, it would be you because everyone else is way too lazy to get out of their bed.

You slowly rise out of your warm, comfortable bed and walk down to the door with your blanket still wrapped around you. It's raining outside, so you wonder who it is.

You peek through the peep hole and you see it's Kiyoshi.

With furrowed eyebrows, you open the door.

"Teppei what are yo-" Suddenly, wet lips come crashing into yours. You immediately melt into the kiss when he pulls you closer with one arm. Your mouths move in sync as the passionate kiss goes on for what feels like forever.

You two end up pulling away for air.

"I-" You begin but get cut off.

"I love you. I've loved you my whole life but I was too blind to see it. You're the one that's been there for me through thick and thin. You make me smile just by looking at you and you're the most selfless person I know. I never realised that you were my last thought every night and my first thought every morning until Riko asked me. She told me that you love me, and it made me realise I feel the same way."

You stare at him completely speechless.

"I-I love you too." Is all you could say.

He leans down and gives you another kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow morning." He walks off into the cold rain.

"Wait!" You yell out. "Stay here... Tonight. It's too cold and it's raining, I mean you're the one who said that you better stay home tonight." You say.

"You're right. And home is wherever you are."