5.

CHAPTER FIVE
"you've always been good at intimidation."

"Jughead I knew it, what did I tell you? I said she was guilty," Marley said still not really believing Cheryl just admitted to being guilty and kind of excited about being right, she's almost never right.

It's been two periods since Cheryl dramatically announced she's guilty and Marley was waiting for Jughead to get the books he needs for a class out of his locker.

"Calm down Marley, she's not guilty about killing Jason she's guilty about lying about what really happened," Jughead explained pulling out his Trig book.

"Why lie if you're not guilty? I'm going to ask her." Marley decided leaning on his locker.

"Woah, I don't think you can actually have a civil conversation with Cheryl. Remember that time you confronted her about the rumours? If Kevin and I weren't there you would have beat her to pulp" Jughead said shooting her a look. 

Marley shrugged and popped her gum.
"I'll behave myself this time, I'll be civil and try my hardest not to rip her orange hair out of her head," Marley said and Jughead shot her a look.

"Let's put Cheryl on hold for a minute. You still haven't explained to me why you were crying the night I picked you up for the pep rally," Jughead said to her seriously.

Marley panicked and looked at her wrist pretending to tell the time.

"Well look at the time I've got to go and meet Betty for something, bye." Marley said quickly walking away from him.

She heard Jughead try call her back while she was walking away and she pretended not to hear him.

Marley attended her lessons she heard lots of rumours about what actually happened on July forth, she didn't believe any of them Marley knew that rumours were normally far from the truth.

Marley walked into the common room where Archie, Kevin, Betty and Veronica were sitting and sat next to Veronica.

"So are you a suspect now?" Veronica asked Archie crossing her legs.  Archie had just confessed to the principal that he was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason went missing.

"My dad says we all are, including me," Kevin said leaning forward towards the group with a piece of liquorice in his hand.

"Not me girl, I don't know these people," Veronica said and Marley nodded in agreement.

"I did what I normally do during the holidays. Stay at home watching cartoons and wallow in self pity," Marley shrugged reaching over and stealing the last piece of liquorice from the packet Kevin bought and biting into it.

"Guys, should we maybe rebinge making a murder on Netflix tonight?" Kevin asked the group.

"Sorry. Can't. Gotta stay late to work on the paper." Betty said laughing slightly.

"Count me out too. I've got a date tonight," Veronica said smirking.

"You do?" Archie asked her and Veronica nodded.

"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin asked her sounding excited.

After Kevin asked coincidentally Chuck Clayton from the football team spoke.

"Hey, V-Lo. I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at 8?" He confirmed shrugging on his jacket.

"I'll be waiting." She replied to him while Chuck just replied with "Cool" while leaving the room.