23.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
"I hope you know that pinky promises are like, legally binding back in the U.K."

After they all agreed to put together a search party Marley went to her lesson that she was meant to have with Jughead.

She sat down on the desk they would normally sit out and pulled out her phone to text him.

To: Juggs

Hey, where are you? You're not in class.

She got a text shortly after.

From: Juggs

I had to do something, I'll see you later x

Marley shrugged before replying.

To: Juggs

Okay, btw there's a search party for Polly happening at Eversgreen forest after school. I'll see you there x

Marley sent the text and put her phone back into her bag and pulled out her backpack.

---------------------------------------------------

"Okay, the sisters of quiet mercy are due north, the getaway car was west on the old route 40." Betty said loudly to the group of people that had come together to help look for Polly.

The search party consisted of Betty's parents, Gina and James, Josie and the Pussycats, Drew and Dakota, Kevin and Veronica, Reggie Mantle and Archie and a few more people Marley didn't recognise.

"Closest bus station is east, headed towards sweet-water," Marley continued standing next to Betty while fixing the scarf around her neck as it was getting cold.

"If Polly wanted to leave Riverdale without being seen, she probably would've left through right-" Jughead began before Betty interrupted him.

"Right here. Eversgreen forest." Betty continued. The three of them planned the route that Polly could have taken to escape the home.

Betty started leading in the direction she wanted people to follow and everyone followed behind her.

All of them shouting Polly's name hoping she'll come out of a tree or something.

Marley grabbed Jughead hand while walking in between him and Valarie. Valarie had little binoculars to try see if she could find Polly.

Betty and her parents started slowing down when they saw the Blossoms with a search party of their own.

The blossoms approached The Coopers.

"Alice Cooper. Where is she? where's Polly?" Penelope Blossom asked approaching Alice.

"I think if I knew that I would be out here with the mosquitoes?" Alice asked.

"Face facts, Mommy Dearest, Polly killed Jason." Cheryl imputed.

"Why are you dressed like you're about to go horse back riding?" Marley asked looking at Cheryl who just shot her a look while Jughead gently squeezed Marley's hand. 

"She escaped from the asylum once. Who's to say she didn't before? Say, the day Jason got murdered?" Clifford said to The Coopers.

"The noose is tightening around your murdering daughters neck." Penelope said spitefully to Alice.

"I know it, Sheriff Keller knows it-" Penelope continued before the sheriff cut her off.

"Hold on, now," he said trying to diffuse the tension but Penelope just ignored him.