9.

CHAPTER NINE
"Don't you have your own friends?"

After school Marley went home to wait for Kevin and Veronica to pick her up for the drive in. She wanted Jughead to come over to wait with her but he said he was busy again.

Marley sat down on her couch not bothering to turn on the Tv and started sketching. She had finished the sketch of Jughead that she started a day ago and just started another one. She didn't know why she was drawing Jughead. She didn't know why she had become obsessed with the shape of his nose and the freckles on his jaw or why she had become infatuated with his hazel eyes.  Marley sighed and shut her sketchbook leaning back into the couch.

Marley was confused about her feelings for Jughead, she didn't understand why she started thinking of him as more than a friend.

Marley heard the front door unlock signifying her aunts return home and pushed her thoughts about Jughead to the back of her mind.

"Hey Rosie Posey," Her aunt said smiling. Marley raised an eyebrow at her aunt confused as to why she called her that. Her aunt only calls her 'Rosie Posey' when she's in an incredibly good mood.

"What are you doing?" Aunt Gina asked sitting on the couch next to her.

"What I do best Aunt G, wallowing in self pity. Why are you so happy?" Marley asked her Aunt .

"Don't wallow for too long Kevin and Veronica should be picking you up soon. And I'm happy because James asked me to go to the Drive in with him," Gina said smiling.

"You really like him don't you?" Marley asked happy for her aunt.

"Yes I do," her aunt answered before continuing
"Where's Jughead? I haven't seen him for two days now, must be a world record." her aunt said.

Marley frowned at the mention of Jughead's name all her feelings coming back to her. "He's been busy. You know planning closing night at the Drive in," Marley answered popping her gum.

Marley's aunt nodded picking up her sketchbook flipping through the pages. If it was anyone else looking through her sketchbook she would've chopped their hands off.

The only people that she'll allow to look through her sketchbook was her aunt and Jughead. Her sketchbook was just drawings of things she sees that interested her some were of her aunt, some were of scenery and flowers. When Marley used to wake up from her nightmares she would draw what she dreamt off. As Gina got towards the end of Marley's sketchbook she noticed sketches of Jughead, she raised her eyebrow but didn't mention it.

"Aunt Gina," Marley asked suddenly getting her attention.
"Yes love?" her aunt answered.

"It's my birthday next week, can I get a puppy?" Marley asked hopefully turning to look at her.

"Yeah sure, you can also get a snake and a pet crocodile. Maybe a hippopotamus? Maybe then change your name to Steve Irwin?" Aunt Gina replied sarcastically.

"I'm being serious." Marley said shooting her aunt a glare.

"You would ask for a dog now, take care of it for a week before becoming bored of it leaving me to look after it." Gina said to Marley sending her a pointed look.

"Oh please, I promise you I won't. I'll look after it until it dies of old age."Marley pleaded pouting.

"I'll think about it. What do you even want to do for her birthday?" Her aunt asked her.

"I don't know. I might just invite the few people I talk to over to sleep over, watch movies and order take out," Marley said shrugging.

"Sounds like a good idea," Aunt Gina said before getting up.