11.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"I don't play with demons."

After lessons Betty went home to prepare for her date with Trev and Veronica went home to prepare for her sleepover at Cheryl's.

Kevin went home to do his homework and Archie had a meeting with the music tutor. Marley didn't have any homework. She wanted to go home and paint but couldn't because she ran out of canvases and paint.

Marley was putting her books away in her locker before Jughead approached her.

"Hey Jug," Marley greeted while simultaneously trying to sort out her messy locker.

"What are you doing now?" Jughead asked leaning again the locker next to hers.

"I have to go to the Art shop. To get some supplies. I can't walk it, I was going to ask my aunt to drive me but she can't so I'm going to have to catch the bus." Marley explained still trying sorting out her locker before getting frustrated and giving up.

"I can drive you." Jughead said quickly.

"I mean--if you want me to I can totally do that." Jughead said trying to play it cool.

"I'd like that-" Marley paused to look at the time.

"My aunt should still be at the school, she said James was going to pick her up. We can catch her before she leaves." Marley said shutting her locker and grabbing Jughead's hand leading him to her aunts classroom where she was currently packing up.

"Hey aunt Gina, is James still picking you up?" Marley asked walking towards her while Jughead borrowed the car.

"Yes he's coming in an hour," her aunt answered.

"So what are you gonna do with the car then?" Marley asked slumping down her while her aunt shuffled through test papers and organised them.

"I was just going to leave it here then walk to school tomorrow." Marley's aunt explained sitting down on the desk to start marking test.

"How about you let me and Jughead borrow the car?" Marley asked hopefully doing a cheeky smile.

"For what?"Gina asked raising an eyebrow.

"I need to go to the Art store to get supplies." Marley answered shrugging.

"Do you have money?" Her aunt asked.

"I have enough to like get a few pencils but I don't think I can afford any canvases and paint." Marley explained indirectly asking her aunt for money.

Marley's aunt rolled her eyes before reaching into her bag and pulling out her keys and her purse. She threw the keys at Jughead which he caught and handed Marley a hundred dollar bill.

"This is the last time I'm giving you money for art, Marley. Get a job." Gina said seriously.

Marley rolled her eyes. Her aunt tells her to get a job whenever she can because Marley is too lazy.

"I'll look for one. Thanks Aunt Gina." Marley thanked her aunt before dragging Jughead out the door and to the parking lot.

The pair of them got into the car.

"So where are you going to look for work?" Jughead asked reversing out of the parking lot.

"I don't know Jughead, I hate the thought of me having to take directions from someone." Marley said while popping her gum.

"Be your own boss?" Jughead suggested. Marley looked at him in confusion.

"Jughead, I think that's called unemployment." Marley said turning to look out the window. The art shop was on the other-side of town which is why they couldn't walk it.