37.

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
"You don't need to avoid eye contact with me, I don't bite."

After an hour Marley got a text from Betty telling Marley that her and Jughead are waiting for her outside her house.

Marley wiped her tears before she shrugged on her jacket and her pulled on her boots before grabbing her phone and running downstairs and out of the house to where Betty and Jughead were waiting.

"Have you been crying?" Jughead asked Marley worriedly and shrugged and wiped her eyes.
"No," Marley lied and Betty raised an eyebrow.

"Marls, what is it? Is everything okay?" Betty asked and Marley nodded. The three of them began to walk to Betty's house that was a few minutes away.

"Everything is fine." Marley said over the past couple of days Marley has been repeating those three words to herself like a mantra.

Before any of them could ask Marley another question Marley changed the subject.

"What happened?" Marley asked the two of them and Betty smiled excitedly taking the bait and Jughead raised an eyebrow and Marley.

"Archie called. Polly is avoiding my calls for a reason. She's trying to prove the Blossoms killed Jason and now we are going to tell my mom. She's been a hot mess," Betty said and Marley nodded in understanding.

A few minutes later they arrived at Betty's house and Betty opened the door Jughead and Marley following behind her and walking into the dining room where Alice Cooper was drinking wine.

"Mom, Archie just called. He talked to Polly. She's safe. She's okay mom. She didn't choose the Blossoms over us. She's actually there to spy on them." Betty said excitedly. Alice looked at the three of them before sobbing.

Alice wiped her tears before looked at the trio.
"You know, when I went after this story I thought, in the back of my mind that, what if this is it? What if this is finally the time that she doesn't come back?" Alice said tears rolling down her face.

"She will mom," Betty said walking towards her mom and pulling out a chair to sit next to her.

"But right now, she's our woman on the inside. We are going to write this story," Betty said before looking at Jughead and Marley.

"Come write with us at the Blue and Gold," Jughead offered and Alice sighed.
"The school newspaper?" Alice asked and Marley nodded.

"Yeah, that's what we are, but I'm pretty sure that our annual operating budget is bigger than the register's" Marley said to Alice and Betty and Jughead nodded in agreement. Alice nodded and they all smiled.

"So you agree? Yes! Journalists unit!" Marley said and Alice, Jughead and Betty laughed.

"Even though, I'm not really a journalist. I just joined to help them interrogate people. These two are too soft, like kittens," Marley continued and Alice chuckled while Jughead and Betty shot Marley a look.
-------------------------------------------------------
When Marley got home she waited by the phone for a phone call from her dad and didn't get one. She sighed before getting ready for bed.

Marley surprisingly stayed asleep all night. She woke up and checked if she had got a call from her dad but instead she had three texts from Jughead and some notifications from other apps.

She got out of bed and had a shower, she got changed into a blue dungarees and a white tank top before she slid on her trainers and going downstairs.

------------------------------------------------------
When Marley arrived at school she got a text from Betty saying that there is a blue and gold meeting.