34.

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
"Oreos are more addictive than heroin."

At lunch Marley went to Jughead's locker hoping to find him and she did.

"Hey Juggs," Marley said when she approached his locker.
"Hi Ro, everything alright?" Jughead asked her and Marley nodded.

"Yeah, everything is peachy," Marley said and Jughead smiled before taking her hand and walking to the lounge. They walked into the student lounge the same time Betty did.

"Just in time, we're celebrating," Veronica said, to the three of them she was sitting seat that was next to the couch that Archie and Kevin were sitting on.

Betty sat down next to Kevin and Marley sat down on the spare seat while Jughead sat on the arm of the seat Marley was sitting on.

"Archie was just telling us how he's going to some super-exclusive music program this summer," Kevin said while Veronica placed some more fruit in her mouth.

"Maybe. If it happens, though it would be huge for me," Archie said and Marley smiled.
"Do you have to audition for it?" Jughead asked him and Archie shrugged.

"Not exactly. Mrs Blossom said she'd put a good word in for me." Archie explained and Marley raised an eyebrow.

"Amazing" Kevin said the same time Veronica said "Terrifying".
"Uh-huh, what is she getting out of it?" Jughead asked his ginger friend.

"I told her I'd take Cheryl to their family's tree- tapping thing." Archie confessed. Marley got confused for a second and looked at Jughead.

"Is tree tapping that thing Katniss did to get water from a tree?" Marley asked her boyfriend and Jughead nodded.

"But in this case, they are tapping the Maple tree to get its sap," Jughead explained and Marley nodded in understanding.

Often in their relationship Marley would ask Jughead very simple questions of things she doesn't understand and Jughead would always answer, no matter how stupid.

"I already talked to Valarie and she's cool with it," Archie continued and Marley raised an eyebrow before pulling out a packet of potato chips.

"Cool with you being a gigolo, now?" Jughead said sarcastically Veronica laughed and Marley was confused again.

"Isn't a Gigolo a male prostitute?" Marley asked Jughead and he shook his head.

"It can be, but in this context I mean an escort," Jughead explained and Marley nodded before putting some chips in her mouth.

"I'm doing someone a favour for music, Jughead, I need to make connections outside of Riverdale." Archie said and Veronica nodded.

"That's the way of the world. It's all about connections, but Jughead is right, these kind of favours always come with a price tag." Veronica said and Marley nodded.

"Yeah, Arch, I agree with Ronnie. I'm sure my aunts sister's fiancé-" Marley began before she was interrupted by Jughead.

"She means her moms fiancé" Jughead added and Marley rolled her eyes, she put some potato chips in Jughead's mouth to stop him from talking anymore before continuing.