43.

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
"I didn't know that the Bonnie and Clyde wannabes would be breaking and entering,"

Marley was sitting in front of her dressing table getting ready for homecoming while speaking to her dad on the phone.

"When are you going to send me those sketchbooks, Mango?" Kian asked while Marley focused on perfecting her winged eyeliner.

"When are you going to send me the address of the new hospital?" Marley retorted and Kian chuckled from the other end of the phone.

"Touché, i will text you the address when we get off the phone. How's your aunt?" Kian asked and Marley rolled her eyes before getting started on the other eye.

"Not really talking to her at the moment," Marley said her eyes not moving from the mirror.

"Did she mess up?" Kian asked Marley from the other end of the phone.

"Oh, She messed up," Marley confirmed and Kian sighed.

"Gina Davis, messing up. Never thought I'd see the day," Kian chuckled and Marley rolled her eyes at her dad's banter.

"What did she do?" Kian asked and Marley sighed.

"Its a long story dad. I have to go soon dad, I need to put on my dress for homecoming," Marley said and Kian sighed again.

"I miss you, Marley. I wish you can come and see me," Kian said and Marley sighed.

"I miss you too, dad. I wish I can come back to London for a while to see you," Marley said fixing her hair.

"Why can't you?" Kian asked and Marley paused thinking of a valid answer, her eyes drifted to the polaroid photo of her and Jughead stuck on the side of her mirror and sighed.

The picture was taken on her birthday, Jughead and Marley were leaning against a log both under a blanket, Marley was laughing at something Jughead said and Jughead had a small smile on his face while he looked at Marley. The light from the campfire illuminating their faces.

"Mango? You there?" Kian's voice sounded from the other side of the phone after a few seconds of silence.

"I-I can't give you an answer dad," Marley said moving her eyes from the picture of her and Jughead and looking back at her reflection in the mirror and beginning to fix her hair again.

"I understand, I'll call you tomorrow. My nurse is bugging me, have fun at homecoming," Kian said and Marley said a quick goodbye before hanging up.

She got up from the dressing table and went to her closet pulling out the homecoming dress she bought yesterday. It was a dark blue with black embroidery, it stopped just above her knee and it was off the shoulder.

(Marley's dress)^

(Marley's dress)^

Marley slipped the dress on then slipped on a pair of black heels.

She looked in the mirror straightening out her dress and fixing her hair. She had put her curls in a high ponytail some curls escaping from the front appearing to look like bangs. She sighed in content before grabbing her phone and her black clutch.