32.

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
"Serpent, Cockroach, Elephant, all the same thing really."

The next day Marley got up from her bed only having slept three hours. She checked her phone hoping to see a text from Jughead but she didn't. She sighed before getting up to have a shower. 

After she got changed into a black long sleeved top and black dungarees. She pulled on her black converses and slipping on Jughead's blue denim jacket before grabbing her backpack and her sketchbook and going downstairs to have breakfast with her aunt.

"Hey," Marley greeted tiredly before pouring herself a cup of coffee, Gina walked towards her and put her hands on the side of her face and looking at her properly.

"Jesus Marley, you've been crying?What happened between you and Jughead yesterday? Why did he leave so quickly?" Gina asked her niece and Marley shrugged not answering the question.

"Have you guys broken up?" Gina asked Marley after she didn't respond to the first question and Marley scoffed.

"I'm not giving up on him, Aunt G," Marley said simply and Gina nodded in understanding. Marley opened her mouth to ask her aunt something but was cut off by Gina's phone ringing. Gina picked up her phone and her eyes widened slightly before excusing herself and leaving the room.

"That was weird," Marley muttered to herself before getting up and grabbing her skateboard making her way to school.

When Marley got to school she shoved her skateboard into her locker along with her sketchbook before going to find Jughead. She went to his locker and waited for him. Shortly after she spotted Jughead walking down the hallway talking to Archie and Marley approached them.

"Hey, Marls," Archie greeted Marley nodded in acknowledgment before looking at Jughead.

"Can we talk?" She asked him and Jughead shook his head.
"No. I've got class." Jughead said before walking away making Marley flinch at his tone.

"Marls, what happened?" Archie asked and Marley sighed putting some gum in her mouth before looking away from Jughead's retreating figure and looking at Archie.

"I'll figure it out, Arch," Marley said before walking to her class.
----------------------------------------------------
During free period Marley went into the blue and gold office and saw Jughead and Betty sitting across from each other talking. Betty turned to the door and smiled at her friend.

"Hey, Marbles," Betty greeted and Marley wasn't in the mood to scold her for the nickname she just smiled quickly at Betty before looking at Jughead.

"Jug, can we please talk?," Marley asked and Jughead shut his laptop and shoved it in his bag before getting up and attempting to leave the room Marley quickly grabbed his arm pulling him back.

"Not now, Marley," Jughead said gently prying her fingers from his arm before walking away. Marley bit back tears before sitting on one of the chairs and Betty walked up to her and pulled her into a hug.

"What happened Marley?" Betty asked and Marley sighed before explaining everything that happened last night. After she was done Betty sighed and hugged Marley again.
---------------------------------------------------
At the end of school Marley called Jughead and it went straight to voicemail. She sighed before going to her locker to get her stuff. While Marley was pulling out her stuff Reggie approached her.