6.

CHAPTER SIX
"Oh for fuck sake Cheryl speak English"

When Marley woke up her Aunt was no longer in the bed with her. She had a quick shower and looked for something to wear. She saw that her aunt had done laundry.

She put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt and pulled on a black denim jacket and slipped on a pair on black and white vans. Marley attempted to put her hair in a high bun but her one and only hairband snapped so she was forced to leave her hair out. She sighed and blew a curl out of her face.

She walked down stairs, her aunt wasn't there so she probably had a facility meeting. Marley made herself some cereal and poured herself a glass of Apple juice.

After Marley ate she put her bowl in the sink. She made herself a ham sandwich for lunch and place it in her backpack, she shrugged on her backpack and put some mint gum in her mouth before walking out the house.

Marley got out her phone, plugged in her headphones and put her music on shuffle then began her 10 minute walk to school.

Marley's locker was a few doors down from Veronica after she got the books she would need she went to say hello.

"Morning Ronnie," Marley said smiling when she reached Veronica's locker.

"Morning," Veronica smiled at her.
"Your hair looks really nice down you should wear it like that more often." Veronica complimented her still getting books out of her locker.

"I was actually hoping you'll have a hairband I'll be able to borrow?" Marley asked hopefully.

"I never tie my hair up, ask Betty when you see her," Veronica advised her. As if on queue Betty and Kevin appeared.

"So, how did it go with chuck?" Kevin asked Veronica straight away.

Marley made eye contact with Betty then nodded to the spare hairband on Betty wrist, indirectly asking to borrow it. Betty smiled and nodded while handing it to her. Marley shot Betty a thankful look and tied her hair up into a messy puff.

"Hey Veronica, how was the sticky maple you had last night?" One of Cheryl's friends said while they walked by.

"The what now?" Veronica asked her confused.

"The sticky maple Chuck gave you. How was it?" Cheryl's clones replied before walking away.

"Oh no,"Marley muttered, she knew what a sticky maple was, she was never a victim of one but she could imagined how it felt.

"We had a brownie Sundae, if that's what you hyenas mean." Veronica said still confused shutting her locker door.

Kevin phone beeped signifying a notification.

"Oh my god" He said looking at his phone.
"What?" Veronica asked snatching Kevin's phone out of his hand to look at it.

Marley found herself leaning forward to look at the picture too out of curiosity. It was a picture of Chuck and Veronica and on Veronica's face there was a photoshopped splash of maple syrup.

"What the hell is a sticky maple?" Veronica asked getting angry.

"It's, um, kind of what it sounds like. It's a Riverdale thing?" Kevin answered nervously.