7.

CHAPTER SEVEN
"I just want to go home and wallow in self pity."

After breaking into the school and stealing Chucks playbook Marley attempted to sneak into the house quietly for Aunt Gina not to notice.

Marley quietly shut the door and placed her backpack on the floor next to the door. She heard laughing at talking in the living room and out of curiosity went to look, and she saw her Aunt Gina sitting on the couch with a man who looked like he was in his late 30's. He had chocolate brown skin and the whitest teeth Marley has ever seen.

"Who are you?" Marley asked him while stepping into the living room.

"Marley!" Her aunt scolded her. "That's not the proper way to greet someone." Her aunt said.

"Oh alright my bad." Marley said before continuing.
"Hi. Who are you?"She bluntly asked.

The mystery guy chuckled.
"My name is James Carter. Nice to meet you." He said holding out his hand for Marley to shake.

Marley bypassed his outstretched hand and sat down on the couch in-between James and her Aunt Gina.

"Ok, James, why are you in our house?" Marley asked him bluntly.

James was taken back by her question and looked at Gina who just shrugged before answering.

"Um...I like your aunt a lot we met at the grocery store a few days ago and she invited me over," James explained and Marley nodded before turning to look at her aunt.

"Aunt Gina I thought I told you not to talk to strangers," Marley said looking at her aunt being cheeky before continuing.

"What do you do James?"Marley interrogated.

"Um...I'm a Dentist."James answered. Marley nodded.

"That explains why your teeth look like they have been sculpted by God himself. Have you ever had a cavity before?"Marley asked him.

"You don't have to answer that," Gina said to James.

"No it's okay babe," James said to Gina before continuing.

"Funny enough I had one when I was studying to become a dentist," James said laughing hoping Marley would laugh along. She didn't.

"Babe?" Marley asked smirking at the nickname.

"What are  your intentions with my Aunt-" Marley asked before her Aunt cut her off.

"Okay, that's enough. Marley go to your room, we will talk about you being late for curfew in the morning," Her aunt said to her pointing to the living room door.

"Aunt Gina I completely forgot about the curfew I was with Jughead a Pops," Marley explained leaving out the part about breaking into the school.

"Marley we will talk tomorrow," Her aunt said nodding to the door. Marley sat there looking at her aunt for a few seconds before sighing.

"Fine I'll go." Marley gave in getting up to walk towards the door.

"Bye James I'll see you later," Marley said but before walking out the door.