44.

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
"Yes, I bought my fucking Dog."

"Someone planted the gun, Jason's murder weapon, in FP's trailer. It wasn't there when we searched for it. He's being framed," Archie said and Marley tucked a stand of hair behind her ear while sighing.

"Maybe you didn't see it," Betty said and Archie sighed.

"We're not talking about the Vogue Closet here, B." Veronica said and Marley sighed.

"Maybe you looked in the wrong one? thats always a possibility," Marley said and veronica shook her head.

"It's a trailer with literally one closet. There was no lockbox. No gun. Whatever Sheriff Keller is saying he found, it wasn't there," Veronica explained and Marley sighed.

"Look, we need to tell Jughead his dad's innocent." Archie said before looking at Marley.

"Where is Jughead?" Archie asked Marley and Marley sighed.

"You think if i knew that i'd be here in Pop's with you guys instead of with him?"Marley asked them in frustration before taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. I don't know where jughead is. I've called him a ton of times and left messages but he's not answering," Marley said and Betty rubbed her back reassuringly.

"In the meantime, should we talk to Sheriff Keller?" Betty asked them and Archie shook his head.

"Not until we tell our parents," Archie said and Marley looked at him in confusion.

"That we broke into FP's trailer?" Veronica asked Archie also confused.

"My dad will know what to do," Archie said before walking towards the door.

"Okay, Arch, i'll text my aunt and tell her to meet me and your house," Marley said before unlocking her phone.

"I'll do the same," Betty said taking her phone out and Veronica nodded.

"Me too," Veronica said texting her mom.

Marley went to messages app and quickly composed a text to her aunt.
-------------------------------------------------------
When the four of them arrived at Archie's house they walked into the living room where all the guardians were sitting.

"What happened? Why the text?" Gina asked as soon as they all walked in to the living room.

Archie and Veronica explained that they broke into FP's trailer and they also explained that they think FP had been framed.

"You did what?!" Fred asked absolutely fuming that Archie broke into FP's trailer.

"We had to make sure FP wasn't involved in Jason's murder." Archie explained again.

"And now we know the truth. He was," Alice said and Marley threw her head back and groaned at the fact Alice was missing the point.

"What? Mom, no. We just told you," Betty said also getting frustrated with her mom.

"The gun was planted," Archie said and Veronica nodded before continuing.

"By whoever killed Jason," Veronica added.

"FP is innocent," Marley also added looking at the five adults and Gina sighed.

"Couldn't you have just missed it?" Hermione asked and Gina nodded.

"Yeah, maybe you guys didn't look properly?" Gina added and Marley sighed.

"Aunt Gina, I'm telling you. Archie and Veronica searched through everything and they saw nothing. Aunt Gina you have to believe me," Marley said looking at her aunt and Gina sighed.