30

CHAPTER THIRTY
"You think this is a good idea, Archibald?"

When Marley arrived at the Pembrooke she pressed the intercom.
"Hello," a male voice said through the speaker.

"Mr Smithers, it's Marley." Marley said and she was buzzed in when she reached the front door Smithers opened the door for her.

"Miss Davis, what a pleasure," Smithers greeted and Marley smiled.

"Should I take that for you?" Smithers asked referring to Marley's backpack, jacket and skateboard.

"Sure, thank you." Marley said handing him the stuff. After Smithers put her stuff away he lead her into the dining room where Polly, Veronica, Hermione and Betty.

"Good morning Everyone," Marley greeted sitting down on the table next to Polly.

"Morning Sweetie," Hermione greeted smiling at her.

"Good morning, Marley. " Polly also said smiling at her.

"You're late," Veronica stated and Marley and Betty rolled thier eyes.
"Morning Marls," Betty said and Marley smiled.

"Okay down to business," Veronica began. "We were thinking of throwing you a baby shower." Veronica explained while Marley sipped her orange juice.

"A baby shower? Are you sure that's a good idea?" Polly asked the four of them and they all nodded.

"It's a great idea," Betty said.
"What about mom and dad?" Polly asked her sister.

"Well what do you want, Honey? I mean, do you want them to come?" Hermione asked Polly.

"I do, I mean mom at least," Polly answered switching her gaze from Hermione to Betty.

"In that case, We'll get her there somehow." Veronica explained and Marley nodded in agreement before putting some fruit in her mouth.

"But I don't want to fight with her." Polly said and Betty sighed.
"You won't. The entire Cooper family will support you in this, Polly." Betty said.

"I want the Blossoms there." Polly said causing Marley to stop chewing and to look at Veronica and Betty.

"Cheryl? Sure. She's on the guest list," Veronica said

"And Mrs Blossom," Polly added and Marley looked and her.

"Polly are you sure?" Marley asked and before Polly could reply Betty spoke.

"She tried to declare you an unfit mother," Betty said confused.

"Well, then this showers the perfect opportunity for me to prove to her I'm not," Polly said and Marley nodded.

"Ronnie? A word?" Hermione said standing up Veronica following behind her.

"So this baby shower is going to be fun," Marley said popping some more fruit in her mouth.
------------------------------------------------
At lunch Marley sat at their regular lunch table with Betty, Veronica and Dakota. Dakota spent nearly most of lunch flirting with Betty and Betty spent most of it pink in the cheeks.