41.

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
"Who knew living in England my whole life would give me an accent?"

Marley arrived in Riverdale at 11am. She sat by the open window in her new bedroom. The summers in Riverdale were much more hotter and humid than the summers in London.

When she arrived she was introduced to her aunt's roommate, Flo Richie. She was nice and accepting.

She sighed before getting up from the desk chair that was in her new bedroom to go downstairs to find her aunt who was making tea with her friend Flo. She begged her aunt to let her go on a walk by herself to explore the new town she would now call home.

After a few minutes of begging Gina said yes, and told her to be back in half an hour for teatime. Flo and Gina never really had tea but they decided to have tea for Marley's sake. Marley smiled before she went up to her new bedroom and opened the one suitcase she had. Her aunt promised to take her shopping when she got settled down.

She changed into her only pair of mom shorts and a plain black t-shirt. She pulled on her one and only pair of tattered converse, they were the only pair of shoes she brought with her from London.

Marley looked at herself in the mirror before shrugging and picking up her skateboard that Jordan gave her as a birthday present when she turned 12 last year before going downstairs and leaving the house.

Marley left the house and looked left and right before deciding to go left. She placed her skateboard on the ground and began skating.

She skated through town ignoring the strange looks pedestrians were giving her. They had never seen the 5' curly haired girl before.

Marley stopped at a sign that read 'Sweatwater River' she raised an eyebrow and picked up her board walked past the sign. After walking for a few minutes she saw the river gently flowing and she smiled. It reminded her of the canal back in London.

She began walking along the riverbank her skateboard tucked under her arm. She was in a daydream and didn't notice two boys, a ginger one and a raven haired one, on bikes ride towards her ringing their bells to get her attention. By the time she realised it was too late and the bike didn't break in time ramming into Marley making her drop her skateboard and fall back into the river.

Marley started frantically kicking her legs trying to stay afloat and gasping for air, she was an aqua-phobic, she hated open water and had a fear of drowning. The boys jumped off their bikes in shock.

"Dude she can't swim," the raven haired boy with the beanie said in shock and the ginger chubby boy gasped before diving into the water to save her. He grabbed Marley's arms and dragged her to the riverbank.

After Marley caught her breath and managed to stand up she crossed her arms over her chest and shot the boys a glare.

"I am so sorry, we tried to get your attention, why can't you swim?" The ginger asked while taking off his wet t-shirt and squeezing the water out and rolled her eyes.

"I nearly just died and all you can do is ask my why I can't swim?! Well, why are you ginger?" Marley asked squeezing water out of her t-shirt as well she didn't take it off though. The ginger boy raised and eyebrow in confusion.

"Exactly?! You can't just ask someone why they can't swim!" Marley shouted throwing her hands up in anger.

"Your British, you have a British accent," the raven haired boy said in awe of Marley's accent and Marley rolled her eyes.