25.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
"It's ok to cry."

Drew dropped Marley off at the station. Marley got out of the car turning around to thank Drew.

"Thank you Drew, I owe you one." Marley said smiling cheekily before walking into the station. Drew just shook his head at his friend before driving off.

Marley walked into the station and walked right up to the front desk. She called Jughead's dad a few times and he didn't answer the phone. Marley sighed in frustration before calling Archie and Archie said he'll be there soon with his dad.

"I'm here for Jughead Jones." She said to the deputy at the desk.

"He's in questioning." The cop shrugged before going back to the computer screen.

"Can I ask what for? Because he was just arrested in the middle of a school day." Marley said to the cop loosing her patience.

"I can't tell you that." The Cop replied.
"Yes the hell you can." Marley said to him getting angry.

Before the deputy could reply sheriff Keller walked out of his office requesting Jughead's files and Marley walked up to him.

"Sheriff Keller, why was Jughead arrested?" Marley asked as soon as she approached him.

"Marley, I just needed to ask him some questions." The sheriff replied to her.

"Questions about what?" Marley asked him. The Sheriff sighed before answering Marley.

"About his whereabouts on The eleventh of July." Sheriff Keller answered while Marley blew out a puff of air in disbelief.

"Eleventh of July? You think Jughead killed Jason?" Marley asked in disbelief while the sheriff shrugged.

"Sheriff Keller what evidence do you have?" Marley asked him and the sheriff looked down.

"He had put together a murder board." The sheriff said and Marley scoffed.

"Correction. Jughead, Betty and I put together a murder board and Kevin helped us. Are you going to arrest us too?" Marley asked the sheriff. Marley put her wrist together and held them out towards the Sheriff.

"If Jughead is getting arrested because of a murder board, you should arrest me too," Marley said seriously and the Sheriff sighed.

"Marley-" The Sheriff began before he was interrupted by Marley.

"With all due respect, Sheriff Keller, are you arresting Jughead because you have solid evidence or are you arresting him because the Blossoms are pressuring you to find Jason's killer? I hope you're not trying to make Jughead a scapegoat." Marley continued after the Sheriff sighed.

"Hold on now-" Mr Keller, began but Marley interrupted him.

"Mr Keller in England, the police are not allowed to arrest a minor with informing their parents or having solid evidence against them. Have you done that? Do you have evidence? Is Jughead being charged Mr Keller?" Marley asked the sheriff getting angry.

"I know you are worried about your friend but-" the Sheriff began before he was interrupted by Fred Andrews.

"What is going on here?" Fred asked approaching Marley and the sheriff with Archie following straight behind.

"Mr Andrews, Jughead is being detained without reason." Marley said to him while the sheriff sighed.

"Marley, have you called his dad?" Fred asked her and Marley nodded.