21

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
"Elizabeth, Forsythe and Archibald."

The three of them were escorted out by the guards. Marley had to beg them not to call the police and charge them with breaking and entering. After a few minutes of negotiating they guards agreed on the condition the kids never come back.

On the bus ride back Betty cried for the first few minutes in fear of her sisters wellbeing. Marley frowned at seeing her best friend sad and pulled Betty in a hug, she let Betty cry into her chest for a few minutes before pulling away, she wiped Betty's tears before speaking.

"Betty, please don't cry." Marley began wiping Betty's tears.

"I don't know how you feel, I can't possibly imagine but I'll tell you what I do know. I know that Polly is a strong girl, she's been in that home for what? Nearly a month? That would have broken some people. That would have broken me. Yet she still had the determination to break out. Polly is going to be fine. She knows how to handle herself. Just like you do. Please don't cry anymore." Marley said before pulling Betty back into a hug.

Betty suddenly started feeling really guilty about what her and Jughead done to Marley. Before Betty could confess the bus stopped and the three of them emerged. The rain had finally stopped at they all looked like a mess.

Marley's curls were damp and now appearing to look shorter due to shrinkage and her mascara was smudged and running down her face due to the rain. She took off her glasses and propped them on her head before turning to Jughead, Marley was still holding Betty's hand.

"We should go to Pops, for hot chocolate. It might help you calm downBetty? On me?" Marley asked the both of them.

"Why are you doing this?"Betty asked her suddenly.
"I've got you Betts, you're upset and home is the last place you need to be. Your my best friend." Marley shrugged.

"Marley we have to tell you something...." Betty said guilt bubbling inside her. Betty looked and Jughead who just ran a hand over his face also regretting ever kissing Betty.

"I'm listening." Marley said. Betty started hesitating she looked at Jughead who just nodded.

"Guys your starting to freak me out," Marley giggled awkwardly after the long silence.

"M-me and Jughead...."Betty began trailing off looking at her shoes. Marley raised an eyebrow before turning to look at Jughead who did the same.

"You and Jughead what?" Marley asked getting impatient.
"We kissed." Betty said not looking up from the ground. Tears welled up in Marley's eyes really quickly while she dropped Betty's hand.

"Is that why you guys have been acting weird?" Marley asked after a few more seconds of long silence Marley spoke again

"Who kissed first?" Marley asked after a few long seconds of silence.
"I did." Jughead said while Marley looked up at the sky holding in her tears.
"Did you kiss back, Betty?" Marley asked her while Betty just nodded not looking up from her shoes.

"So do you guys like each other?" Marley asked them and they both shook their heads muttering no's.

Marley bit her lip trying her hardest not to cry at what she just heard, she quickly turned around and began walked away but Betty grabbed her wrist before she could run off.

"Marley please-" Betty began to plead to her before Marley cut her off.
"Please what Betty?" Marley said pulling her wrist from Betty's grasp.

Mint. [J. J]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें