13.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
"They have better food over here."

Marley went home at the end of a boring school day to paint some more. Her art sale was in two days, a day before her birthday she had already got plenty of rsvp's regarding the sale. So far she had 80 paintings she's willing to sell both old and new.

When Marley got home she painted for a few hours before catching a glimpse of her sketch of Jughead her mood dampened and she decided to stop painting for a while.

Marley played some Adele before getting some junk food from her stash and climbing into her bed. She sat on her bed eating junk and scrolling through tumblr for a few hours before her bedroom door opened dramatically and Marley sat up in shock.

Veronica looked around Marley's room mouth dropping a little.
"I expected your room to be black. Not purple." Veronica said in awe and Marley rolled her eyes.

"I know right V, I didn't even expect her to have a 90's Aesthetic." Kevin said picking up a vinyl record.
"Marley do you have a record player?" Kevin asked her wanting to play the album he picked up.

"What on earth are you guys doing in my house? Who let you in? And no I don't have one, I've been trying to save up." Marley said to Veronica and Kevin.

"Your aunt let us in. How long have you been wallowing?" Veronica asked turning to look at Marley's artwork and embroidery while Kevin looked at the canvases on Marley's wall.

"Can you guys stop looking around my room like you're in the British museum." Marley said looking at her friends.
"And I haven't been wallowing." Marley answered defensively.

Kevin stopped looking at Marley's canvases to look at Marley.
"If you haven't been wallowing why are you listening to sad songs from Adele?" Kevin asked her sitting at the foot of her bed.

"Because she's British, Kev," Marley said putting some jelly beans in her mouth.

"I know it sucks find out the person you like doesn't like you back, but you have to get over it Marls." Veronica said sitting at Marley's art desk admiring one of the Rose patches she's made.

"Would you like that V?" Marley asked her nodding to the patch in Veronica's hand. "I can stitch it onto one of your clothes, a plain black dress maybe?" Marley offered avoiding the topic about Jughead.

"You can do that?" Veronica asked shocked and Marley nodded.

"That would be great Marley, thanks." Veronica said. Kevin looked at Veronica shocked that she can be so easily distracted.

"Veronica do you not see what's she's doing? She's trying to avoid talking about Jughead." Kevin said to Veronica. Marley groaned and fell back into her pillow.

"Wait so does that mean I don't get the embroidery?" Veronica asked confused. Kevin shot her another what the fuck look.

"I'll do it for you V, but it will have to be after the art show. Is everyone still helping out? A shit ton of people would be there." Marley said to Veronica ignoring Kevin.

"Yes everyone is still helping out. Including Jughead and you can't keep avoiding him Marls. Now get up we are going to Pop's" Kevin said before Veronica could reply tired of being ignored.