35

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
"he's infatuated with me,I think it's the accent,"

After school Jughead and Marley decided to hang out with Archie at his house.

"Wait so you agreed to be Cheryl's escort again?" Marley said not looking up from the screen. The three of them were playing video games.

"So are you a professional gigolo now?" Marley asked Archie.

"I am not a professional gigolo," Archie defended and Marley and Jughead rolled their eyes. Marley bit her lip after she beat Jughead and Archie at the round they were on.

"Jesus, Marls, did you cheat?" Archie asked her and Marley shrugged.

"I don't think you should escort Cheryl to another event," Marley said looking at Archie and Archie shrugged.

"It's a really good academy, and it's only this event," Archie said and Marley scoffed.

"The Blossoms are being really nice to me, it's the least I could do," Archie continued and Marley raised an eyebrow at him.

"Dude, Clifford Blossom is trying to bring down your dads business," Jughead said to Archie and Archie sighed.

"I'm going for Cheryl, that's it," Archie said an Marley raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you going for Cheryl? Arch, imagine how Valarie feels," Marley said and Archie pressed play on the game.

"Valarie said she's fine with it," Archie said and Marley scoffed.

"She's not fine with it, she's just saying that," Marley said and Archie raised an eyebrow.

"How did Reggie do on the test?" Archie asked changing the subject.
"He got at 68, and I got my A," Marley said proudly and before Jughead could reply Fred Andrews opened the bedroom door.

"Marley are you staying for dinner?" Fred asked Marley and Marley shrugged.
"If that's okay with you, Mr Andrews," Marley said and Fred smiled.

"Call me Fred," Fred said causing Marley to smile before continuing "Pizza just got here, come downstairs guys," Fred said before leaving the room.

The three of them put down their controllers before going downstairs into the kitchen.

"I hope you like pepperoni, Marley," Fred said while putting two slices of pizza on her plate.

"I love it, Thanks Mr Andrews," Marley said and Fred nodded. Marley tied her curls back a thing she would do before she ate to avoid any hairs getting in her food.

The three of them began to eat before Marley's phone started ringing, Marley looked at the caller ID and sighed before turning it off and Jughead raised an eyebrow at her.

"Who was that, Ro?" Jughead asked his mouth still full and Marley rolled her eyes.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," She scolded before continuing.
"It was Lena," Marley explained and Jughead nodded in understanding.

"How is things going at home? I don't know the whole backstory but I know your mom is moving into town. How do you feel about that?" Fred asked Marley sitting on the seat opposite the three of them.

"News in this town spreads like a wildfire," Marley said causing Fred to laugh.

"But I guess things at home are weird for now, but when Lena moves into her new house with her rich husband things will go back to normal. Whatever normal is," Marley said Jughead put a reassuring hand on her lap and Fred nodding in understanding.