20.

CHAPTER TWENTY
"Do your thing, Nancy drew."

After school Jughead waited with Marley by her locker for Drew. Drew had promised to look after Chewie while Marley studies for a big test she has at the end of the week.

"I hope Betty didn't get in a lot of trouble." Marley said putting some mint flavoured gum in her mouth.

"I hope so too." Jughead said vaguely, leaning on the locker next to Marley's.

A few seconds later Drew came around the corner and approached the pair and Jughead frowned.

"Ready to go Marls?" Drew asked Marley while Jughead shot him a glare. Drew offered to take Chewie from Marley for a while so she could study for the big test that she had in history.

"Yeah, I'll see you later Jug." Marley said while pushing her glasses further up her nose. She's decided to just wear them as they do make her life easier.

She smiled at Jughead before walking away with Drew while Jughead just stared at their retreating figures. He sighed and pushed himself off the locker before making his way to Betty's house.

Jughead didn't understand why he hated Drew so much, it's just whenever Drew is around Jughead's mood dampens it's been like this ever since he first met Drew at Pops.

Jughead waited for Alice Coopers car to drive off before sneaking around the back of the house where Betty's bedroom window was.

He got the ladder the Coopers had in their back garden and set it on the side of Betty's house. Before climbing it he shot Marley a quick text.

To: Rose
You are gonna have to climb the ladder to Betty's room. I'll see you soon.

He received a text almost instantly.

From: Rose
Aye,aye captain. I'll see you in about twenty minutes. I'm just helping Drew with something.

Jughead frowned at the text confused as to why Marley was helping Drew. He sighed and rolled his eyes before climbing the ladder.

He knocked on Betty's window getting her attention. Betty smiled in disbelief before going to the window and opening it.

"Hey,there, Juliet. Nurse off duty?" Jughead said.

"You haven't gone full 'yellow wallpaper' on me yet, have you?" He continued while climbing into Betty's room.

Betty sighed before speaking.
"They are crazy, my parents are crazy." Betty said ignoring Jughead's reference to the short story.

"They're parents, they're all crazy." Jughead said attempting to make her feel Better.

"No but what if?---what if Polly is too? The way she was talking to me, the way she looked at me. And now, all I can think is, maybe I'm crazy like they are." Betty rambled. Jughead put a reassuring hand on her shoulder

"Hey, we're all crazy," Jughead began while Betty chuckled.
"We're not our parents, Betty. We're not our families." Jughead said while thinking of his own family.

"Also," Jughead began starting to think of Marley, he was going to ask Betty for advice but he then remembered that Marley was currently with Drew and got jealous.

"What?" Betty asked after Jughead has stayed quiet for a few seconds. She stared at him raising her eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" She asked again.

Jughead then put his lips on hers, Betty kissed back for a few seconds before realising what she's doing. Betty eyes widened in shock before pulling away and taking a few steps back.