33.

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
"Gutter water can do that to a person."

Jughead had left Marley's house and hour ago and now he was talking to Marley on the phone.

"How dare she, just come here and pretend she didn't ruin my life," Marley said still pacing her bedroom.

"She shouldn't have," Jughead said through the receiver.

"And my aunt Gina, how dare she. After all Lena has done to us she just lets her into our house," Marley continued biting her fingernails, a thing she does when she's stressed, while pacing.

"It sucks," Jughead said absentmindedly.
"Are you even listening, J?" Marley asked Jughead and he just sighed.

"I am, Ro, I'm just waiting for you stop ranting before I give you some advice," Jughead said and Marley stopped pacing and rolled her eyes.

"Ok fine, give me advice, Yoda," Marley said and Jughead chuckled at the reference.

"Maybe, you should give her another chance? She seems remorseful," Jughead said and Marley scoffed beginning to pace again.

"Jughead, after everything that's happened? No. Absolutely not," Marley said and Jughead sighed.

"That's the thing, Ro. I don't know everything that's happened. You haven't told me everything, you just told me that she faked her death and your dad was abusive and you ran away," Jughead said and Marley nodded waiting for him to get to the point.

"You haven't told me what your relationship was like with your mom before she 'died' you haven't told me much about your childhood. How was it? How did your dad treat you and your mom? Or how she even faked her death," Jughead said and Marley sighed.

"How was my childhood? Jughead I was homeless," Marley said and Jughead sighed again.

"No before that, Ro. How was Christmas, birthdays? Did they make an effort or did they not care at all?" Jughead asked and Marley sighed looking at the time on her desk table.

"It's 11:45, you should get some sleep," Marley said and Jughead sighed.
"Marley-" he began but Marley cut him off.

"I'll tell you about my messed up childhood tomorrow, but you should sleep remember breakfast at Betty's tomorrow," Marley said to Jughead and he sighed.

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up?" He asked.

"Yeah, Archie's house it right opposite Betty's it wouldn't make sense for you to come get me," Marley said.

"Okay, Ro. I'll see you tomorrow," Jughead said and Marley said a quick goodbye before handing up.

Marley got changed into pyjamas and climbed into bed.
----------------------------------------------------
The next morning Marley rolled out of bed she didn't sleep much at all. She had a shower and got changed into black ripped jeans and a black and white checked shirt and she slipped on her black converses.

After grabbed her backpack and her phone she opened her bedroom door and saw the guest room door was slightly ajar and she saw Liam talking on the phone. She quietly walked towards the door listening in on the conversation.

"The Muggs are testifying against Hirim? Look I don't want to loose any of the money I've invested into this company. The Muggs can't testify against me, I've got a family to protect," Liam said in the phone pausing while the person on the other end of the receiver spoke.

"I understand, Mr Muggs, has a family too but someone has to be the unlucky one, and we know that Clifford Blossom is the one that put Hirim in jail and I need you to make sure I'm not next. What is so good about Riverdale? Why does everyone want to build on this land? Hermione Lodge are you sure there is something your not telling me?" Liam said into the phone.