18.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"Let us not distract you, Ed Sheeran"

-------------------------------------------------------
"And I could live, I could die, Hanging on the words you say."
--------------------------------------------------
"Hey Juggy," Marley said after a few minutes of her laying her head on Jughead's shoulder and sitting in silence. 

"Yeah Ro?" Jughead replied his arm still around her. Chewie fell asleep a few minutes ago on Marley's bed probably out of boredom.

"Do you want to see something?" Marley asked him lifting her head from his shoulder so she's looking at him, her eyes were still puffy from crying and had dry tear streaks on her cheeks.

"Anything." Jughead said simply taking in his best friends beauty. Jughead loved spending time with her, they could sit in silence watching paint dry and he would love every second. He would do anything to kiss her again but he knows Marley would get angry at him. He doesn't know what he wants, he wants to be able to kiss her whenever he wants but he also doesn't want to ruin the friendship he has built with Marley by asking her to be his girlfriend.

Marley stood up and looked at him.
"Come on then. We will have to be quiet." Marley said picking up a cardigan and sliding it on top of her t-shirt before walking to the door and Jughead followed her.

The pair walked into the hallway and walked past the stairway to downstairs where Marley heard her aunt, Flo and Aaron talking about a TV program.

Marley walked outside the guest bedroom and reached of the string to pull down the attic door and ladder, she didn't reach it the first time so she had to jump to try reach it, after a few seconds of Jughead watching in amusement he reached up and pulled down the door along with the ladder.

Marley shot him a look before climbing up and Jughead followed her pulling the ladder up when they were both in the attic. Gina and Marley's attic wasn't as full it only contained a few boxes of ornaments and a Christmas tree and some of Marley's paintings.

Marley led Jughead to the window in the attic and pushed the window up, she climbed out of the window and onto the roof and sat down, Jughead followed her on to the roof and sat down next to her and took in the view.

"Wow, it's beautiful." Jughead said in awe.
"I know, I found it the other day when I was putting some paintings in the attic." Marley shrugged.

"Look you can see Betty and Archie's house from here," Marley continued pointing at some rooftops.

"On a scale of one to ten. One being the safest. How safe is this?" Jughead asked ignoring what she said about Betty and Archie while looking at the distance they would have to fall if the roof gave in.

Marley shrugged "Probably a 4 or a 5." She estimated.

"Just don't look down, don't think about falling, it will ruin the experience" Marley said smiling at him.

The wind blew gently making her curls gently move in the direction of wind, the setting sun illuminating her face making the freckles that dusted her nose and her check bones more noticeable.

Marley crossed her legs underneath the thighs looking at the sunset.

"Do you remember how we met,Forsythe?" Marley asked smiling cheekily at him for calling him by his real name. Jughead smiled slightly leaning back on his palms.