24.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
"Elizabeth, I thought I told you not to talk to demons."

Marley woke up to the sound of her alarm. She didn't even remember falling asleep on her bed, she had paint on her face and on her clothes. Marley rubbed her eyes and looked up at her ceiling it was only half done, she sighed and rolled out of bed avoiding the pot of blue paint.

After Marley emerged from the shower she got dressed in a black denim dungaree dress, a striped black and white t-shirt under neath. She pulled on a pair of black tights and her while converse and grabbing her backpack, phone and sketchbook before going downstairs to have breakfast.

"Hey, Marls." Gina greeted while Marley poured herself some cereal. Marley nodded in response.

"What time did you sleep?" Gina asked her niece sitting in front of her with a cup of coffee.

"I don't remember even getting into bed, but I somehow managed to put myself underneath the covers." Marley said shrugging taking a spoon of cereal and putting it in her mouth.

"That's weird. Did you finish your painting?" Gina asked her.

"Nope. It's only half done I'll finish the rest when I get home after school." Marley said pouring herself some coffee.

"I hope you have been studying for your test." Gina said to her raising an eyebrow. Before Marley could reply the doorbell rang. She shot her aunt a look of confusion before getting up to answer it.

She opened the door and saw Jughead and Archie. Jughead smiling slightly while Archie was sulking.

"I didn't know you guys were picking me up." Marley said to the pair.

"Yeah well neither did I. Jughead forced me." Archie said frowning and Marley chuckled.

"Don't sound too thrilled, Andrews." Marley said to him before turning to look at Jughead.

"Let me just get my backpack." Marley said to him turning around and going back into the kitchen. She grabbed her backpack and her sketchbook and her phone.

"I'm going to walk to school with Archie and Jughead. I'll see you at school." Marley said to her aunt kissing her on the forehead before leaving the kitchen.

Marley left her house shutting the door behind her and grabbing Jughead's hand while the three of them began to walk to school.

"Great now I'm third wheeling." Archie muttered and Jughead chuckled.

When the three of them arrived to school. Archie walked away from the pair while Jughead walked Marley to her lesson.

After class Marley went into the student lounge and saw Betty and Veronica, she sat down next to them.

"What are you guys talking about?" Marley asked them placing some gum in her mouth.

"Polly, she was in the attic and she needs somewhere to stay and I don't know what to do." Betty explained to Marley.

"Polly can stay with me Betts, it's no problem." Marley shrugged.

"Veronica offered already and I can't let the happen the both of you already have so much going on." Betty said while Marley sighed.

"Betty, Polly needs doctors, she needs vitamins-" Veronica began before she was cut off by Cheryl.

"She needs her family." Cheryl said walking into the student lounge while Marley rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Betty can we talk?" Cheryl said looking at Betty and Betty sighed grabbing her backpack and standing up.

"Elizabeth, I thought I told you not to talk to demons." Marley said and Cheryl shot her a look while Betty and Veronica chuckled.
---------------------------------------------------
After school Jughead told Marley that he was going with Archie to see how his dad was doing on his first day back at work. He kissed Marley goodbye promising to see her later.