40.

CHAPTER FORTY
"Guess I have a thing for Ogres then."

Cheryl and Chuck had managed to get everyone to gather around in the living room. Marley was sitting on the dining room chair in between Veronica and Archie and Jughead was sitting on the window ledge.

"What the hell is 'Secrets and Sins'?" Jughead asked and Cheryl smirked.

"It's a variation on 'truth or dare' in which we own or truths by telling it like it is," Cheryl said and Marley rolled her eyes and stood up.

"Screw this, I'm going home," Marley said standing up and Cheryl scoffed and pushed her back in her seat.

"Absolutely not. Everyone plays." Cheryl said and Marley rolled her eyes and leaned back on her chair and crossing her hands over her chest.

"I'll start the game with Veronica Lodge," Cheryl said and Veronica scoffed.
"Naturally." Veronica said and Cheryl took a step towards her.

"Let's begin with the day you and your mob wife of a mother came to town for a so-called fresh start. Tell us Veronica what's so fresh about about defeling Archie Andrews in a closet?" Cheryl said and Veronica crossed her hands over her chest.

"That was your doing." Veronica said but Cheryl ignored her.

"Moving on to Dear Daddy Lodge. Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive in land? Which makes me wonder, what else is he doing from behind bars," Cheryl said and Veronica spoke up when she was done.

"Well, I can't speak for my father, but I can think of someone with a very dirty secret. Specifically Cheryl killing her very own brother," Veronica said making some people gasp.

"Everyone knows how much I loved my brother," Cheryl said and Marley rolled her eyes.

"Exactly. But did you love him in ways that a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he chose Polly over you. So you shot him between the eyes with one of your father's many hunting rifles." Veronica said and nearly everyone gasped before Cheryl could reply Dilton spoke up.

"This game is sick. I wanna go next," Doiley said and Marley raised an eyebrow.

"That's the spirit, Doiley, what secrets do you have to reveal to us?" Chuck asked and Dilton stood up.

"I saw Ms Grundy's car by Sweatwater River the day Jason went missing. I told Betty, Jughead and Marley and then Ms Grundy quits her job and leaves Riverdale, like, two days later. And let's not forget Archie was also at Sweatwater that morning," Doiley said and Marley shook her head at him.

"Colour me shocked. Archie Andrews is that why you became a mediocre musician over night? Because you and Ms Four-eyes were pulling a Mary Kay Letourneau?" Cheryl asked and Marley watched as Archie looked away. Before Archie could speak Marley stopped him.

"Don't say anything, Arch, don't get in the gutter with them," Marley said and Archie nodded.

"Wait, what? Andrews was banging a teacher damn I wish I would've known, I would have added you and Ms Grundy to the book of conquests." Chuck said and Marley rolled her eyes.

"Classy, Chuck, as always," Veronica said rolling her eyes.

"Wait a second. This explains why Archie can't seem to keep a girlfriend to save his life. He's got serious mommy issues. Anything to say for yourself, Arch? Were you a victim or a perpetrator?" Cheryl said and Archie looked down.