22.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
"I told you so."
-----------------------------------------------------

After school Marley went home. Her aunt was at school for a facility meeting then she would be having dinner with James. Marley went to her room and put on some music and sat at her desk and attempted to study for her History test after struggling to concentrate she started looking at her bedroom wall growing disgusted by her pastel purple room and decided she wanted to paint it.

She went into the attic and got two pots of yellow paint and brought them down into her room, she changed into a pair of joggers and a large white t-shirt that she wears when she's painting, she carried all her posters and items that she had on her desk into the guest room along with her vinyls and record player. She then covered her bed and shoe rack and dresser with a cloth before beginning to paint.

After a few hours of painting her walls there was a knock at the door, Marley sighed and put the paint roller down before getting down from the ladder to go answer the door, she had paint in her hair and a little on her face.

She opened the door to see Betty holding a small banquet of roses.

"Elizabeth? Did you come here to kill me?" Marley asked her looking at the roses.

"No, these are prosthetic roses because of your allergies. I got you a roses because your middle name is Rose and Veronica said I should get you yellow ones because yellow means friendship, or ones in your favourite colour but I couldn't remember your favourite colour so I got you ones in all different colours. Look there's a yellow one, a blue one, a black one and a white one." Betty rambled while pointing at the roses.

"And I'm just really really sorry for what we done and I don't want to loose you because your my friend and-" Betty continued before Marley interrupted her.

"You're rambling Elizabeth." Marley said smirking slightly at her nervous friend. Betty chuckled breathlessly before responding.

"Do you forgive me?" She asked holding out the flowers. Marley rolled her eyes playfully taking the fake roses before looking at Betty.

"Well your lucky that they are my aesthetic." Marley said forgiving her best friend and Betty smiled brightly.

"So are you going to hug me or not?" Marley said again and Betty nodded pulling Marley into a hug and she hugged back.

"Marley, I really need someone to talk to right now." Betty said pulling away with tears in her eyes.

"Betts, I'm right here. Always." Marley said before grabbing Betty hand and dragging her into her house and into the living room and pulling her onto the couch.

"Were you painting?" Betty asked her nose crinkling up at the smell.
"Yeah I was, I got bored of a purple bedroom." Marley shrugged.

"Marley, someone torched Jason's car." Betty said cutting straight to the chase. Marley gasped before replying.

"When?" Marley asked Betty.
"Sheriff Keller said it was probably shortly after we left. It was on fire when he arrived there after variety show." Betty explained. Marley wanted to say 'I told you so' or 'no one ever listens to me.' But she didn't she just bit her lip while Betty continued.

"And there's still no sign of Polly." Betty started crying, Marley frowned at pulled her friend into a hug.

"We will find Polly. Okay Betty? She'll be fine." Marley said rubbing her back in reassurance.

After an hour Betty got up and said that she had to go back home before her mom realised she's gone, she thanked Marley and Marley thanked her for the flowers before she left. Marley went back into her room and began painting again.