10.

"Who the fuck is that?!" Taye spoke again, his eyes fixated on Prince who now had his hand over his mouth after he had sneezed. Sanaa rolled her eyes, motioning for Prince to walk closer into the kitchen but instead he ran back upstairs. "I know that nigga ain't yo kid-" 

"NO,Ty...damn" Sanaa cut him off as she grabbed a bottle from the refrigerator. Slamming the bottle on the counter, she quickly opened it, taking a huge sip.

"Y'all fuckin, right..."

Immediately Sanaa choked on the water, coughing hard as her eyes met with the unamused orbs of her ex husband. "What the fu- NO Taye?! I'm just looking out for him!" Taye didn't respond. Instead he continued to look at her with disgust. "I saw the way y'all look at each other..." "You know what, I think it's time for you to go" Sanaa spoke, pointing at the door, her cheeks still slightly flushed at his ludicrous accusation. "Where's his parents at?! The fuck you tryna 'look out' for?!" Taye spat angrily, remaining in place in front of the counter, crossing his arms.

"His parents aren't in the picture. Mattie is a fuckin basketcase and his father...I don't know, I think he's still in Minnesota from what Prince told me about him-" "Prince?! The fuck kinda name is that?! That can't be that nigga's REAL name...Come on now." Taye said, shaking his head. By now Sanaa had had enough. "Leave." She spat but he only chuckled, proceeding to take steps closer towards where she stood.

Meanwhile Prince had gone back into the guest room, grabbing his big grey coat and shoes. He was just about to head back downstairs when he heard a voice call out for him, making him freeze in front of his door and mentally roll his eyes.

"Hey Nelson! Where you think you're going?"

Turning around slowly, his hazel orbs met with Moesha who also now had just retrieved out from her bedroom, a pair of headphones nestled around her neck. Not answering, Prince simply continued strolling down the dark hallway, heading for the stairs. Of course Moesha followed him, humming softly to herself.

"You need to kick that nigga's high yellow ass out now! Ain't no way I'm buying that 'helping him' bullshit!" Taye yelled. "First of all, nigga this is MY house so I'll let whomever the hell I want to stay. Secondly, he has NO place else to go! He's a fuckin runaway! I don't want him ending up all pathetic like his mother and a deadbeat like his father!" Hearing Sanaa say that caused Prince to freeze in his tracks at he bottom of the stairs, his eyes wide. Moesha also froze, standing on a few steps behind him, trying hard not to laugh at the situation before her.

"Well damn ma! Tell how you really feel!" Immediately Sanaa's head snapped up, ready to rip her daughter's smart mouth a new one but when her eyes locked with now Prince's teary ones, she felt her heart shatter. Taye simply smirked, about to open his mouth but Prince had already went out the front door, slamming it with so much force that the windows shook. "Don't worry, I'll go after him" Moesha quickly grabbed her own cashimere coat, heading out the door too.

"Well I guess it's time for me to leave. And once again happy birthday" Taye still had that stupid ugly smirk on his face as Sanaa stood motionless at the kitchen counter. She couldn't believe he had heard all pf that. Wiping at her eyes, she buried her face in her hands. So much for a great birthday... She thought sadly.

"Hey! Hey wait up!" Prince heard Moesha call out but he simply continued walking as fast as his legs could let him in the snowy street. He had purposely stopped to put on his gloves and wool hat and finally caught up to him. "Damn! You know for a lil man you sure do walk fast as hell!" She bent over trying to catch her breath dramatically.

The two then continued to walk in silence. Prince didn't know where he was going. He really didn't have any specific destination, he just wanted to get as far as possible from the house. Meanwhile, Moesha was thinking of something to say to him since she couldn't stand the silence. Clearing her throat, she finally spoke.