37.

"I gotta say, you're doing a lot better now! You'll definitely pass that test next week for sure." Sanaa spoke, resting her chin in her hand as she continued to watch Mia continue to take her notes on the various colored flash cards, getting prepared for her English test. So far Sanaa had been tutoring her for the past few weeks and it didn't take long for her grades to start to improve.

Over those few weeks though Sanaa grew to love Mia. She was definitely a bright child with a sweet but spunky personality and a sense of humor beyond her 8 years. She couldn't help but notice that the young girl would sometimes remind her of someone, but she couldn't quite place a name on who. It was something about Mia's mannerisms and even sometimes the way she'd speak and look that would take Sanaa into whirls of slight deja Vu but she simply shrugged it off. 

The only alarming thing was everytime Mia would get dropped off at the house, Sanaa never got a chance to see her parents. At first Sanaa didn't seem bothered with it but now it was slowly becoming an irritation.

"Your parents must be really busy huh?" She asked after the young girl had  placed the flash cards inside her bright neon folder and closed her pink binder, opening up her bottled water to take a sip.

"Yeah. They're always working.... I wish I could see them more though... especially my dad" Mia had mumbled the last part, her head now hanging low. It didn't take long for Sanaa to catch on. Especially since the young girl's whole mood had changed a the mention of her parents. "What does he do, if you don't mind me asking?" Sanaa was curious.

"He uh, paints portraits and does photography. But he's always away on these trips....him and mommy always fight now" By now Mia had stood up, she began placing her items back in her backpack since their tutoring session was over. It was a little past 8:45 pm. Their session had ended around 8:00. It wasn't unusual that Mia's ride would be late but over 45 minutes? That was definitely a bit of a stretch.

"I'm, mommy probably forgot to come get me again... may I please call her?" Mia innocently spoke, her cheeks flushed as she ran a hand through her long curly tresses and Sanaa nodded. Meanwhile she headed into the living room, turning the TV on a kids movie. They might as well watch something while they continue to wait.

When the front doorbell did ring instead Sanaa came face to face with Omarr, a single red rose in his hand along with a sexy smirk, his teeth contrasting beautifully against his smooth chocolate skin.

"Why hey there lil mama...damn you looking FINE" he "Mmm" before looking her up and down suggestively, licking his lips and she blushed, rolling her eyes playfully as she gently took the rose from him, inviting him inside. Imediately arms circled around her waist, pulling her up against his chest.

"Gotdamn... I can't wait to fuc-" "So my Mom said she's on her- o-oh I'm sorry!" Mia quickly interrupted before briskly walking back towards the kitchen and the two pulled apart in one swift movement.

"Oh shit Nah Nah my bad Is that the kid you tutor? I thought the session had already-" "Her parents are running a little late" Sanaa was quick to cut him off with a peck on the cheek. She then walked back to the kitchen only to find Mia wiping at her eyes with the sleeve of the long sleeve peach colored shirt she wore, her vision locked solely on the kitchen floor.

"Aww Mia sweetheart, what's wrong?" Sanaa rushed to her side as the girl gave a little sniffle, trying hard to hold back her tears.

"I, I'm sorry they're late again. I hate that they ALWAYS do t-this..." Her bottom lil trembled before the tears finally gave away, spilling down her cheeks at a rapid pace. Sanaa didn't hesitate to pull her into her warm embrace.

"It's alright sweetheart...hey why don't we go watch a movie until they get here alright? How about that?" Sanaa's voice was soft and soothing and Mia imediately gave a little nod, grabbing the older woman's hand in hers as the two headed for the sofa in the living room. Omarr had excused himself to go outside to get something out of his car when another car had pulled up into the driveway, it's windows tinted. When the door opened and the figure had stepped out, he couldn't hide the surprise on his features.

"I know, I know but I have a deadline for this photoshoot! I can't miss the opportunity to do it in Paris..." The young woman whined into her phone, taking off the shades she wore, her black heels clicking hard and rapidly against the pavement. She walked right past Omarr after he had greeted her. He then cleared his throat but she only acted as if she didn't hear nor see him. Of course he wasn't about to let the slide, famous or not, people need to still show some respect and have manners.

"Excuse me Miss. Yeah. I'm talking to you.  Around here we have some manners you know?"

It was then the woman finally turned around and he was able to see her more clearly, his instincts on exactly who she was right.

"What?" Her airy voice spat with a sprinkle of harshness. Someone obviously was having a bad day...

"I said-"

"Oh trust me. I heard you loud and clear. Now if you excuse me"

She stepped aside from him before knocking on the front door.

"Mommy!" Mia squealed, unable to no longer contain her happiness and her mother gave a small smile, motioning for her to grab her belongings with a manicured hand. "Oh why hello there. You must be Mia's mother" Sanaa then spoke, holding out her hand however the other woman slyly avoided the handshake, instead pulling out the cell phone again from her jeans pocket. "Hurry it up Mi Mi I'm gonna be late!" She spoke sternly and that's when Sanaa saw the huge diamond that adorned her slender left finger along with a thin silver band, literally sparkling with so much brightness underneath the dim lighting of the living room.

She looks so familiar... Sanaa kept thinking as she studied the petite woman, the skinny jeans she wore, outlined her subtle curves and the black silk blouse on her shoulders highlighted her honey toned skin perfectly. Her chestnut orbs squinted slightly.

"Excuse me?, but do I-"

"Oh! Thank goodness finally let's go! See you next week!" The woman spat, flashing a fake smile before practically shoving her daughter out the door, the front door closing with a loud slam.

"Well damn. Alrighty then..." Sanaa spoke out loud as Omarr came back inside, shaking his head in disapproval, already mumbling obscenities.

"That poor babygirl. Her Mama got some shitty ass manners. Who the fuck done raised her...actin like she got a major stick up her bony bitchy ass"

Sanaa had to laugh at that, nodding in agreement but then her smile faded as it hit her finally like a ton of bricks. She slowly sat down, her heart already racing wildly against her ribs.

That was Aria Nelson.

That was his... That was His. Wife.