13.

It was a little after early April now when Prince had received a postcard in the mail. He was surprised to find that the sender's address was from "Minneapolis..." His hazel orbs gazed down at the sloppy cursive handwriting that belonged to his father.

What could he possibly want?

The sound of Sanaa's heels coming closer caused him to jump slightly and he crumbled the card up in his hands. "You ready to go still?" She asked and he gave a nod, stuffing the paper in his back jeans pocket. "We just have to wait for my daughter... She's already 15 minutes late...This girl I swear." Sanaa mumbled, glancing down at her silver watch. The 3 of them were going to head to the mall for some prom shopping.

Once the 3 were in the mall Moesha kept picking out endless amount of suits and other clothes for Prince to try on. Sanaa couldn't help but giggle every now and then watching the young teen nod his head and listen politely to her daughter's input. He was now in the changing room again, putting on yet another outfit when Moesha took a seat next to her mother outside of the small room. "I wonder, you think he has a date?" She asked, twirling one of her micro braids. Sanaa shrugged, setting the magazine been had been reading across her lap. She had agreed to be one of the chaperones at the prom but didn't remember him mentioning any dates. Before she could answer Prince finally stepped out of the changing room

"How's this look?" His voice was soft and immediately Moesha stood up, clapping and whistling

"How's this look?" His voice was soft and immediately Moesha stood up, clapping and whistling. "Absolutely sexy Nelsooon!" Immediately Prince turned away, his cheeks burning in harsh crimson. It wasn't long before his hazel orbs locked with the chestnut orbs of the older woman who sat in the brown chair. "It looks good Prince...Very good" she gave a warm smile making him blush even harder, a sheepish boyish grin adorned his lips.

After purchasing the outfit they continued to stroll around the large mall. Prince had tried to talk the women out of buying the outfit, claiming he could get it himself but they had insisted and been persistent especially Moesha who now seemed to have been looking at him in a whole new light. Prince would notice every now and then her brown eyes would linger a little longer on his frame, making him become slightly uncomfortable. "Well how about some lunch? My treat" Sanaa offered as they entered inside a burger establishment in one of the food courts.

When Moesha tried to sit next to Prince immediately he shot up, claiming he wasn't all that hungry. "I'm, uh I'm gonna head to Groove's" he replied quickly, his feet already taking off towards the direction of the record store.

Prince's Pov:

Once I finally reached inside the familiar store I sighed quietly in relief, a small smile on my lips at the sight in front of me. I've always had a love for records every since I was a child. Next to painting, it was one of the few things I was absolutely crazy about. Heading for the "Just In" bins, I began scouting through the records, already finding some gems that I can add to my growing collection. My focus was so set on the James Brown vinyl in front of me that I hadn't even notice my name being called. "Prince? Is that you!" The voice was soft and sweet causing my movement to freeze. Looking up I saw a petite figure head my way, a big smile on their features. My breath got caught in my throat as I simply remained in place.

"Aw look at you! Woah You look so different!" Her voice chirped and I frowned slightly. Who was this girl? Noticing this, she giggled a bit, crossing her arms in a playful manner. "Don't remember me? Skipper & Bambi? Partners in crime?" Bambi...I remember that nickname! But the only person I'd ever call that was...

"A-Aria?" I managed to croak out, surprise written all over my features.

Nodding excitedly Aria quickly brought me in her embrace, causing the records to fall out of my arms. "Gosh I missed you Skip!" She quickly pulled away and we both blushed.

It had been years since I last saw her. I thought she was still back in Minnesota. Before I could even ask the question she beat me to it. "I just moved down here a few months ago. I'm staying with my cousin Delores. Member her?" I gave a nod as she continued. "I remembered that you lived up here now and I tried to pay you a visit a few times but when I got to the house, no one was ever home..." She gave a pout. "So...You were avoiding me huh?" She joked and I laughed a little, shaking my head. "I, I don't live there anymore" I spoke, bending down to retrieve the fallen vinyls. Giggling again, Aria ran a hand threw her honey colored curls. "I should've known you be in here though...I know how much you practically worship records!"

Aria and I continued to talk and hang out in Groove's and it was definitely great seeing my childhood friend again. She had definitely changed a great deal but was still that sweet innocent bubbly girl I remembered becoming friends with years ago. At that time back in Minnesota she was one of the only real friends I had and when I had told her that I was moving away to California she was absolutely devastated, the both of us crying on the phone and promising that we'd keep in touch. This time before we said our goodbyes she quickly wrote down her number on one of the vinyl sleeves I had purchased, claiming this time around we'd definitely keep in touch with each other. Checking my watch it was now a little after 7 in the evening. I quickly checking my work schedule before heading out of the store, my eyes scanning around for Sanaa.

I finally found her sitting out on one of the mall benches, her legs crossed, a knowing smile on her features. Crap. How much did she see? Clearing my throat in attempt to hide my nerves, I ran a hand through my afro. "W-Wheres Moesha?" I managed to ask even though my vision was locked on my Converse sneakers. Chuckling, Sanaa stood up, tucking her magazine away inside her black purse. "She went out with one of her friends" She then handed me the bag with my outfit inside. Once we started heading out of the entrance of the mall towards her white Thunderbird, the knowing smirk remained on her lips. Pulling the car into reverse she finally looked in my direction. "So who was that pretty petite girl you were laughing with?"