36.

Sanaa's POV:

*Three years later*

I was back at square one now again. It hadn't been easy, trying to get over him but somehow with a lot of praying and keeping busy with continuing my own life, I had managed to just be able to finally say his name again without breaking into tears. I would like to think that I had finally managed to move on.

I ended up going back to my teaching career, this time instead of  for high schoolers, I opted for tutoring elementary children instead. English had always been my strong suit and even though I had already retired a few years back, it was the only element in my life I had felt comfortable and completely safe in. It felt good to be back. As for my relationships, well let's just say I was finally able to  meet someone, unexpectedly too might I add. He was a real estate agent. A serious business man who I somehow had collided into at the local supermarket, the carton of orange juice cradled in my arm spilling all over his expensive Armani dress shirt. In some weird way though, we hit it off pretty well from that moment and were seeing each other for about 5 and a half months now.

"Aye bae, which tie you think I should wear for the house convention tonight? You know I gotta make a good impression..." The Chicago accent slowly came out from his deep voice. Turning around to face him as he came into the my bedroom, I studied the ties for a moment before choosing the royal blue one.

"You nervous?" I  asked, stepping up towards where he stood and he placed a soft kiss on my temple, making me smile.

"Hell fucking yeah. I'm nervous as hell....but I've got a good feeling about this one Naa Naa...."

His hands then began to rub up and down my bare arms and instantly my body warmed up from the touch.

"We definitely have to celebrate when I get back..." His voice trailed off in my ear, his hands circling my behind, giving it a firm squeeze. "I wish you didn't have to tutor again tonight...you sure you can't reschedule?" His lips then started placing kisses on my neck and I fought back the urge to let my eyes roll back in pleasure.

"Now Mar you know I can't do that....this is a new student I'm getting also. I can't just cancel. They're already on their way to the house" I spoke while my hands found their way inside of the black basketball shorts he wore and he chuckled against my neck.

"What you doing girl? We're gonna both end up being hella late..." He bit down on his bottom lip as I gave a playful wink, pulling him by the wrist backwards towards my bed....

It was now a little after 7:30 and I sat in the living room, glancing at the watch that had adorned my left wrist for what seemed like the thousandth time. Omarr was still away at the convention, every now and then my phone would ding, letting me know I had gotten a new message from him. He never failed to make me smile with his positive energy and goofiness. On the other hand however, the student that I was supposed to tutor, should've shown up roughly 30 minutes ago. Once the clock read 8:05 pm I was starting to get restless. With a sigh, I got up about to head over to the kitchen to grab something to snack on when the front doorbell rang suddenly.

Hm. Maybe that's them...the first session and you're an hour and 5 minutes late...what a great way to make a good impression...

Opening my front door I was met with a pair of big hazelish green orbs that belonged to little girl. She was absolutely beautiful.

"H-Hi Miss Lathan! I'm so sorry I'm late! My doggie wouldn't come back in the house

"H-Hi Miss Lathan! I'm so sorry I'm late! My doggie wouldn't come back in the house..." Her voice squeaked out sheepishly as she practically ran inside and I couldn't help but laugh a little at how flustered she was. It wasn't her fault...

"That's alright as long as we don't make it a habit okay?" I spoke and she nodded quickly, already pulling out her materials from her pink jansport backpack. Suddenly another thought had hit me then.

"Um, honey where are you parents? I assumed they dropped you off right?"

The girl looked up at me, nodding again before going right back to taking out her pencil and pink highlighter. "My mom was in a rush to get back to her job so she wasn't able to come inside. She told me to tell our 'dog wouldn't come inside' story...she barely even goes out there" Once again she gave another childlike embarrassed grin and I smiled back. This little girl was definitely interesting to say the least.

Grabbing a few water bottles I started to gather my own teaching materials and English book as she then wrote her name on the sheet of notebook paper in her binder.

Mia Nelson.

Awww snap y'all!!! 😯😮 Do y'all think Sanaa is even aware of WHO she's tutoring right now?! It's been 3 years since her and P spoke and had contact since she tried to pretty much erase him from her life :( Plus, this would be her first time ever meeting his daughter in person too...
What's y'all's thoughts on her moving on with Omarr? Is there a possibility that her and P MIGHT pass croths again...this time for good?! Or what will happen when she runs into Mia's mother? Btw Mia is now 8 years old. Stay tuned!!! 💜

Btw I apologise for this chapter being hella short lol I'm still tryna get back in the swing of finishing up with this story again 😭😂😊