30.

Sanaa's POV:

He has a daughter.

He's a fucking father, Sanaa...

The words kept ringing through my frantic concious as I made a dash for the front door of his condo, the cool air hitting my nostrils as I kept taking in deep sharp breaths, the tears already streaming down my cheeks.

"S-Sanaa wait up I-" 

The baritone voice rang out, their own footsteps following behind but I continued walking briskly. I just wanted to leave. My emotions felt like a rollercoaster. I literally felt sick to my stomach. "Wait a minute-" he tried to grab my wrist but I was quick to snatch out of his grasp. "N-No!" My voice cracked. At this point I didn't want to hear what he had to say. I didn't care anymore. Placing a hand on my chin, Prince forced me to look up at him. His own hazel orbs were filled with tears. "I, I wanted to tell you sooner..." His voice trailed off but I shook my head, my vision casted down on the black flats I wore. My thoughts were on haywire as all the pieces were coming together.

He has a family.

He's going to be her husband soon.

He's taken.

Without thinking, my hand came in contact with his cheek and he immediately stumbled back on the gravel. "T-Take me home....NOW." I demanded, however my voice was still shaky with emotion. All Prince did was shake his head a little and let out a chuckle, rubbing the now red spot in his left cheek.

"You were always a fiesty one..."  The air between us was thick with an uneasy tension as he took a few cautious steps towards me. "You're gonna listen to what I have to say..." I found the courage to look up into his eyes then and they noticibly softened. "Let me explain myself...please?"

Sanaa had slowly followed Prince back inside the house and she was quick to cross her arms over her chest, in a way as a personal barrier. She wanted to close herself off from him but it was difficult. Noticing this, Prince let out a sigh, a hand tugging nervously at his curls as he began to talk about how he and Aria had connected once he had left Sanaa's home, leading all the way up to the birth of Mia. Sanaa couldn't help but notice that his eyes would light up with a twinge of happiness whenever he mentioned the two. He was definitely excited about fatherhood. She had to be happy for him for that, when though her heart ached with so much pain it was slowly becoming an overwhelming she felt all over. She tried hard to not let it show.

"Where are they?" She found herself asking and he had replied that they were back at home in California. He was also due back home in a few days. While talking, Prince had brought out a photo album and Sanaa felt in a daze as her eyes gazed over the glossy photographs.

"She's got your eyes

"She's got your eyes..." She murmured softly with a small smile and his cheeks blushed slightly as he gave a nod. "My baby girl is my entire world. Hopefully you'll get to meet her one day?" His tone was hesitant as his eyes threw a  questioning glance her way. All Sanaa could do was sniff. She genuinely didn't know if she could handle that. Noticing her quietness, Prince was quick to close up the pink photo album, his gaze solely focused on her features.

"You don't want to meet her."

Sanaa tried to respond but the words had gotten caught in her throat. Clearing his own throat, his response was quiet but she heard the words clearly.

"It's alright if you don't want to. I'm just thankful I got a second chance at this..."

Second chance?

"H-Huh?" Sanaa's lips finally croaked out and he nodded, his fingers anxiously fidgeting around. His vision was now on the table that they both had been sitting down at. "You'd never lie to me right? You'd always be truthful... about everything..." He spoke lowly, his eyes already brimming with tears. She nodded. "I always was truthful with you Prince" her own voice was soft as she let her mind reminece on the past, their past that they once shared. By now the tears were trickling down Prince's cheeks at a rapid pace and he shook his head, wiping them away with a trembling hand.

"One day...I was home and I had gone into your room to put something away..." He closed his eyes as he spoke, taking in deep shaky breaths. "In your drawer, I remember you always put your fresh socks in the top drawer and I wanted to surprise you by doing the laundry. I had found a crumpled up piece of paperwork...it was from the St. Jose's H-hospital..." he couldn't finish the rest of his sentence as the memories suddenly came flooding back to him.

"You know, I've always loved the name Camille. I would've loved to have given a daughter that one day....too bad she was killed before I even gotten the c-chance" there was a bitterness in his tone and her roughly wiped at his nose that had started to run. Meanwhile Sanaa felt sick to her stomach, her face going pale as his eyes now bore into her own.

"I waited for you to tell me. I didn't think you'd hide it...hide the fact that you had our child a-aborted but when the words never came out, I had to leave for good. It was like I was d-drowning"

"P-Prince-"

"I can take you home now." He was quick to interrupt her, heading for the front door.

Standing up from the chair, Sanaa felt light-headed, her heart pounding rapidly against her ribs as she blindly followed Prince outside, only to find him sitting in the driver's seat of his Corvette, his face burried in his hands , his entire frame trembling violently as the painful sobs escaped his parted lips. Opening the door, she kneeled down in front of him but he couldn't look at her. "I-It took me a long time to f-forgive you Sanaa..." He managed to choke out before his hand went up to him mouth as the sickness started to consume him.

"H-How could you do that to me?! How could you do that to our b-baby?" He asked and her heart shattered as he pulled her into his embrace, his own tears staining her cheeks. "I, I..." Sanaa struggled to speak now, finding difficulty to breathe suddenly but his lips frantically latched on to hers in that moment, startling them both.

"I couldn't hate you though... I love you too much" he mumbled against her lips as they trailed feverly down her neck.

The both of them held on to each other as if their lives depended on it as he scooted back on the leather seat with Sanaa straddling his lips. The two were roughly tugging at the other's lips and clothes, their features flushed from crying, bodies trembling with an unnerving ache. "S-Shit" Prince cursed quietly breaking contact. "I'm sorry..." Sanaa's voice was quivering.

"I'm so sorry"

As the two made eye contact Prince felt an intense tug on his heartstrings. "Chestnut..." He whispered, a pained look contorted on his features. He licked his lips, his vision trailing down on the ring that adorned his finger.

"I..."

He couldn't do this.

He can't.

It was at that moment his phone also began to ring in the distance inside the house.