15.

"I usually don't do this but I think it'll really go well with your outfit...." Sanaa started, already sectioning off Prince's hair in 4 different sections.

She couldn't help but notice how utterly soft the 17 year old's hair was. It was also very thick.

"Um how hot does it get?"

Prince's voice came out slightly alarmed, his hazel orbs fixed solely on the black flat iron. Hearing the hesitation in his voice she quickly stood in front of him. "Only up to 350 degrees. I'm not going to apply that much heat though. You'll be just fine" she flashed a reassuring smile and he let out a shaky sigh, his eyes now settling back on the tile kitchen floor as she proceeded to place the oils along his hair and scalp.

Every now and then Sanaa would hum softly to herself as she proceeded to straighten his hair. It was very easy to do and the end result came out beautifully. It had taken about a half hour to get it all done but Prince had been extremely patient, sitting completely still. Taking a step back to observe her work and smiled. "Alright you're all finished! Go take a look" She placed a hand on his shoulder causing him to jump a bit and he quickly got up to glance hesitantly into his reflection in the mirror. The look on his face was unreadable. Meanwhile Sanaa remained quiet, watching curiously as he brought his hand up to smooth over his now freshly straightened hair.

 Meanwhile Sanaa remained quiet, watching curiously as he brought his hand up to smooth over his now freshly straightened hair

"T-This is amazing...Wow I um,  I don't know what to say, I-" Prince struggled to speak, his eyes widening in pure surprise. It was an adorable sight to see. Without thinking he went over to hug Sanaa but then froze midway almost as if his concious was screaming for him to stop and stay put. "S-Sorry" he mumbled, his eyes darting to his dress shoes. Not replying, Sanaa simply held out her arms, gently pulling the teen into her warm embrace. "Enjoy yourself tonight okay? You definitely deserve it" her voice was soothing in his ear causing his cheeks to flush.

Once the two finally made it Coreen High, the car ride was silent. Sanaa could sense how utterly nervous Prince was, his left leg jumping frantically while he chewed on his bottom lip, looking out the passenger window. At one point she placed her hand on his thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Relax... Everything's gonna be alright sweetheart" she spoke and he gave a small smile.

While at the prom Prince mostly kept to himself, sitting at one of the tables in the large gymnasium, watching while everyone else simply enjoyed themselves. It was obvious that most if not majority of the students had been shocked to actually see him there. All of their eyes casting glares of disapproval. It made him feel sick to his stomach. His date, Aria had also been running late and he was starting to think that maybe she wasn't showing up after all. That thought also made his heart shatter.

Sanaa had been standing in the corner, chatting with other facility members and he found his vision focused on the older woman, how beautiful she looked, the way she'd smile and laugh. No one had realized that they had came in together which was a good thing. Letting out a sigh, his fingers fumbled around with the silver napkin on the table, slouching even lower in his chair. It wasn't until he heard a figure walking towards him that he slowly looked up, immediately wishing that he hadn't.

"Well well well looks like we meet again huh? Didn't think the little fag would show up..." Morris's voice spat in disgust while his date Denise giggled. Meanwhile Andre simply laughed and shook his head as he eyed Prince's attire. "You REALLY look like a fag now... Especially with that Dominican blowout..." The two guys proceeded to cackle loudly and Prince quickly stood up, attempting to break free however Morris shoved his shoulders, causing him to stumble back.

"Where you think you're going Princess? Don't think I didn't forget about you trying to hit me! Thinking you were all tough and shit" The anger was evident in Morris's voice. Prince didn't respond. He felt his heart race as his breathing gradually became shallow, nervously licking his lips. "Uh oh aww what's wrong with the little baby girl? Is she gonna cry?" Andre mocked in a baby voice, faking a pout as Prince's eyes began to water. Tears clouding his vision, he quickly tried to scurry out of the gymnasium but accidentally tripped over a paper cup, causing him to land face first on the slick floor. Immediately the series of laughter could be heard by the other students and by now the tears were already flowing down his cheeks as he blindly made his way down the hallway and out the black double doors of the back of the school into the warm spring air. Slouching down along the brick wall he felt his body shake violently with sobs, his face buried in between his knees. He just wanted to go home.

"Prince?" The familiar soothing voice called out, also stepping out to find him but he refused to lift his had up. He literally was gasping for air, his frame trembling. This was probably the worst anxiety attack he had had in a long time. "Hey...Look at me Shhh look at me" She spoke softly, crouching down to grab at his hands and finally his vision met with hers, the look on his face breaking her heart. "W-Why?" He managed to choke out threw sobs. "Why doesn't anybody like m-me? Why does everyone hate me?! I'm nothing but a fucking screw up!" At this point Sanaa couldn't hold back the tears that were threatening to fall down anymore.

Taking a seat next to him she pulled him into her embrace and buried his head in her shoulder while she rubbed his back in small circles, trying to calm him down. At this point she wished those stupid bullies were dead, or at least that they would get their karma in due time. It also pissed her off how none of the other facility had tried to step in to intervene either. Almost as if they were all enjoying it. It made her sick. "Come on, let's get outta here..." Sanaa helped him up the two briskly heading back to her white Thunderbird.

Once they reached the house, she had let Prince enter inside first, every now and then his soft sniffles could be heard, his eyes red from crying. Kicking off her heels, she locked the door, expecting him to disappear up the stairs but instead was surprised to find him standing still looking right at her.