I

Joel and I are the power couple everyone looks up to. We both have been getting Oscars from left to right. Our movies that we both star in, always seem to go big and get recognized. Of course, we both are very proud of our raíces so we do movies in Spanish as well.

But it was never like this...

While Joel went from city to city to perform along his band members, I went from class to class to learn.

Can you believe I ran a fan account for him? Till this day he brings it up and it's still embarrassing but he thinks it's cute.

Yes, I was a fan of him, actually I still am but it's not the same. I was a normal teenage girl who loved her favorite artist and fantasied as if he knew about her existence. Like any story, this one has a turning point. My life changed completely that one day at the Premios Juventud....

-----

2017
-
I looked at myself through the mirror one more time. I soothed my black silky dress and grabbed my things and headed downstairs. There stood my three best friends, Stacy, Maria and Ally talking about who knows what.

"Oh my god Miriam," Ally said in awe "You look so beautiful. I bet if you see Joel he'll marry you right there and then." The others nodded in agreement and laughed.

"Thanks guys. You all look beautiful too." I smiled and noticed every little detail on them. From their hair to their shoes. I don't mean to sound conceited but we looked so good I was still in shock.

"Guys, I'm actually kinda nervous." Ally said holding in her excitement. "What if we find a cute guy? Oh my god what if he's one of the famous singers!"

"Okay you're getting ahead of yourself." Stacy said annoyed locking her phone. "Let's be realistic here."

"I agree. Like there's no way Joel's going to know about my existence although I look so good." I chuckled.

"Oh no honey, he will. Trust me." Maria said wiggling her eyebrow at me. "He won't resist."

I let out a long sigh and rolled my eyes, "anyways, we should start heading over. It gets packed really fast."

---

We arrived at the arena and it was chaotic. Well, it seemed like it. Reporters from Univision ran from one spot to another, trying to catch up to the celebrities.

Flashes went off as the crowd yelled every time an artist stepped foot on the red carpet. My cold hands were shaky making me more nervous. It was weird how my hands were as cold as ice since we live in sunny Miami.

I felt my anxiety acting up but I managed to control it. Everything felt like a dream I had to actually pinch myself. "What are you doing?" Stacy laughed while looking at my hand and arm.

"It just seems so unreal to me." I let go of my hand and looked at her smiling. She shook her head and looked to our right where the artists entered. We looked up and noticed the seats were taken by screaming fans. Welp, there goes my chance on taking a picture with Prince Royce.

"Let's go inside instead. I doubt we'll miss something important like a proposal." Maria shouted over the screaming. We all nodded and headed inside.