Chapter 27

*Stacy's pov*

Confusion and anger ran through my whole body. Confused on what's next on this shitty plan and angry that I'm still here. I hold my hands tightly together as my elbows rested on the table.

"Are you praying?" Asked Destiny getting a water bottle. I looked down at my hands and noticed how my current position made it seem like I was.

"No. I was thinking." I said. She wore gray yoga pants and a bright pink work out shirt from Nike. "Out for a morning jog?"

She nodded and grabbed a granola bar. "I have too much going on. I need to take a break or simply clear my mind."

I nodded and put my hands down from the previous position. "Same here. I'm going back to Miami."

She stopped stretching and looked up at me not believing a word. "But you can't. Stacy, we need you."

"And I need a break, Des." I simply said. "This whole month has been hard for me. I lost important people in my life. I struggled to find my strength and I'm still struggling to go back to who I was. Yes, I'm healthier compare to how I was but I still need recovery."

Destiny looked down and shook her head softly. "I'm so selfish for not thinking about you. I'm sorry." She said looking up at me. I half smiled and played with my fingers still sitting down on the chair. "I'd be back later." She said before walking out.

I sighed and let the words I said sink in. I do need a break. I need to continue on finding my old self and the only way is to stop hiding.

I ran upstairs to my room and searched for my sunglasses and keys. After making a mess I found them and headed out.

Although LA has beautiful tourist places, I had no idea where to go. I drove for a solid forty minutes and somehow end up at a museum that had just opened.

Before getting out, I grabbed my sunglasses and purse. I've been gone from the media and music industry for a month, I doubt people will remember me. But then again, I'm still known as Miriam's best friend.

A crowd of teens cried out my name as I walked up the steps to the entrance. I half smiled and they ran towards me. "Can we take a selfie?" One asked as she shoved her phone in my face.

Other girls pulled me by the arms as they hold their phones up and tried to get my attention. It was a bit frustrating but I understood their excitement. It made me feel good and not lost for once.

"Okay girls. I have to go." I said as I tried to get out of their grip.

"Wait. Stacy!" I looked at my right and a girl with curly red hair stood there. "When are you going to release another album?" The others girls nodded eagerly.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I'm actually on a break right now." I half lied. Their smiles faded as soon as those words escaped my lips. "But don't worry. Once I dropped my fourth album, the wait will be worth it." They all smiled as I waved goodbye and got inside the museum.

Fresh new paint filled my nose as a cold breeze hit. I looked around and noticed it was a bit full. The art work on my right caught my attention so I began to read the description. "That's actually made by a woman from a tribe in Guatemala." I heard a male's voice.

I turn around and found a very good looking man. He smiled as his dimples deepen. I nodded and turn my attention to the painting. "We actually have paintings from recent times. Mostly of local artists." I nodded completely ignoring him.