VII

Cnco...that definitely rings a bell. They were the first and probably last boyband I completely fell for. They were my everything especially Joel. Although I'm not Latina, I was determined to learn Spanish so I can understand their songs....

.

2017

I sat there and watched silently. The loud noises didn't distract me. I never let sight of her. She made her way towards them, trailing behind her friend. She seemed awfully embarrassed. I rolled my eyes and looked away but caught myself staring again.

This time, they got up and pose next to her. "What a slut." I murmured to myself but my friend Ashley heard. Her eyes travelled towards where I was staring.

She let out a small laugh. "You need to chill. It's obvious she's a fan."

"I don't care. She's too close to him." I spat.

"You swear like you'll get a chance with him. He's famous." Ashley said and looked toward where the screaming fans were.

She walked back to her spot and I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. I looked back at him and saw him staring at her. My blood boiled. I knew in that moment, she was going to leave a mark and he'll never forget about her.

I got up from my seat not thinking twice and instead of ending up in front of him, i end up crashing into a producer. The producer looked annoyed and continue walking. I let out a puff and walked back to my seat as all eyes were on me, except his and the rest of them which I was glad.

-----

"Let's get some sushi!" Exclaimed Ashley. I didn't say anything but she took it as a yes. We got in her car and drove off.

It's been hours now and I'm still bothered about the scene I saw. I know I shouldn't be but I am.

We got off and as soon as I walked in and saw who was in there, my blood boiled to the max. I was on my way towards her and her friends' table but stopped mid track as I saw the two of the guys walking up to their table.

By the way Richard talked to them I knew he was asking them to hang out with them. I looked back at the others and saw Erick shove Joel a little as he smiled and blushed.

I sat down on the nearest table and pretended not to know what was going on. I wanted to leave before I dumbed her drink on her but Ashley was still in the restroom.

Ashley came out furrowing her eyebrows at me in confusion. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter." I lied. She nodded and sat down in front of me. The waiter then came and took our order but right after leaving our drinks.

I looked over her shoulders and saw them all talking. Out of no where, she ran towards the restroom with the short brunette behind her. I couldn't help but smirked.

"Why are you smirking?" Ashley asked as she turned around.

"Nothing." I said taking a sip of my drink.

Ashley turn and glared at me. "Fans like you are wild and dangerous."

---
Everything was great. My family earned enough money and were happy. My parents never failed to show me love and happiness. They were always there for me. Until that one day that left a scar in my heart. Everything went down hill.

Late 2017

.

I felt my world come crumbling down as anger took over me. It's all her fault that I'm in this situation. I looked up at my parents who hugged each other while crying. Although I was sitting down in my bed and they were in the kitchen, I saw everything since my door was open.

I looked through my tinted window and saw her and her parents talking with my grandmother. She looked heart broken as they spoke. "You'll pay for this one day, Gomez." I said through gritted teeth.

---

I waited in the hospital's waiting room crying my eyes out as Ashley tried to control me. Her parents were now holding me as well. "Everything will be okay. Don't worry."

I wanted to buy that but I knew it was all a lie and that I'll never see my parents or grandmother ever again. The car crash was terrible. They won't survive it.

Miriam Gomez, you caused this.

I wiped my tears as anger took over me. My family wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for her. My parents and grandmother wouldn't be packing our belongings and donut shop's supplies if it wasn't for her. My parents wouldn't be in the hospital fighting for their lives.

Was it really necessary to shut down our donut shop and make us move homes? Was it really!

"Family of-"

"That's me." I said desperately getting up. "Are they okay?"

The doctor sighed and shook his head. By now, Ashley and her parents were behind me. "I'm sorry to inform you but none of them made it. I'm sorry."

I fell to the ground as I cried loud. "Why! Why!" I shouted repeatedly. Ashley rubbed my arm and tried to control me but it didn't work.

"Miriam you'll pay for this!" I shouted as a piece of my brown hair covered my face. The tears never stopped as my heart broke.

---

It's been days since my parents and grandmother died. I was in the empty house that was once my home. I looked around the white room that was once mine as tears fell. I looked up at the ceiling where Peter Pan and Tinker Bell were painted. Memories of that day came into my mind.

I lost everything. My purpose to live.

I heard a ding and saw Joel had posted a picture. I felt myself smile but soon it disappeared. It was a picture of him and the guys with Miriam at her stupid premiere.

I tossed my phone across the room as tears fell. How can people idolize her when she's the reason my life is hell?

To make it better, her parents and her didn't knock down the donut shop and my house to make a park for the city.

"You'll pay for this. I promise." I said through gritted teeth. "And you too Pimentel. For falling for the girl who hurt me the most."

•••••

We reached 4K reads! Yay thank you soooo much ❤️❤️

-JoelPxmentel

Word count: 1082