Chapter 23

I felt a wave of cold air hit sending shivers down my spine. California is so damn bipolar. Yesterday it was a sunny beautiful day and now it's cold and cloudy. As soon as I reached the building, I ran inside to warm up.

"Hey Miriam." Ally said as she sat down next to the plug charging her phone.

"Of course." I whispered eyeing her charger and phone. "Have they started filming?" I asked looking behind her at the staff.

The makeup artists ran from one actor to another during the break as the camera producers fixed the angles.

"Yeah but they're filming the scenes we're not in. So you didn't miss anything." She simply said as she continued to play on her phone. I nodded and sat down next to her and stare ahead. "You should change."

I groan and got up. As I walked towards my dressing room, one of the producers stopped me. "A lady, maybe around her early thirties, with short blonde hair and blue eyes told me to give you this." The producer said handing me an envelope with my name on it.

I took it furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Did she tell you her name?" the producer shook her head no and left.

Once I got to my dressing room, I locked the door and read it. The only woman I know that has blonde hair and blue eyes is Stacy...but she's not thirty.

I opened the envelope and two papers fell out. I took the first one that had the number one written on it with blue ink.

'My precious Miriam. Oh how naive you must be to not know what the love of you life is doing to you. Well, I've seen how many times you doubted him so I guess you're in the right track but you haven't gotten to the answer.'

I furrowed my eyebrows as my heartbeat out of my chest. The doubts I had of Joel came into mind as I denied them.

'You see, Joel's been lying to you and he's right, he doesn't deserve you. You're too good to him. You forgive him for every mistake although you get hurt or bothered. You shut down your thoughts and let it be because you love him.'

I heard a knock on my door and I quickly put the papers back inside the envelope. I opened the door and Ally eyed me up and down. "You're not changed. Why?"

"I got distracted by my phone." I lied. She softly nodded not believing me.

"I'll see you on set." She said before walking away. I locked the door and changed.

---

It was not starting to get late as we finished filming. I went back to my dressing room and grabbed the envelope. I was eager to finish reading but knowing how Ally is, she can pop any minute and will want to read it as well.

I walked towards my car and got inside. I locked the doors and pulled out the envelope from my purse.

'I have proof that your little lover is lying. Cnco is making a comeback but hasn't rehearse at all. Want to know why he disappears around the evening everyday? Read the other paper. It's a map that'll guide you to your destination.'

I took out the other paper and noticed they cut off the address. I felt nervous and uneasy as I hesitated.

I turn the engine on and followed the map. After a couple of minutes, I noticed the location was Stacy's and Chloe's house. I passed through it and made a U turn to park a couple feet away from the house. I got off as the wind blew making me more nervous than I already was.

I hid behind a bush but I was still able to see the window clearly. I looked at my left towards the garage and noticed Joel's car parked on the driveway. My eyes got glossy as my lips quiver.