Chapter 11

*Days Later*

I sat down on the floor and put the things in order. I'm finally going to tell Joel the news! I couldn't sleep last night at all, I was too excited. Sofia tied the last knot and put it on the basket.

"Dammit. We ran out." I whispered getting up from the floor.

"I'll go and get it." Sofia said standing up as well.

"No it's fine. I'll go." I grabbed the keys and was about to leave but realized I had to wear my sweater in case I bump into fans and paparazzi. "I'll be back. If Joel comes, he'll knock because he left the keys." I chuckled.

"Sure. He left them. It's not like you hid them." Sofia said and sat down again. Yes I hid the keys so if he would to come in, he would need to knock and that's how we'll know to hide the surprise. I got in his car, since I was too lazy to get mine out of the garage and prayed like the usual and left.

I had a gut feeling but couldn't figure out if it was because I'm nervous, hungry or worried since Joel hasn't return. I shrugged it off and concentrated on the road ahead. The light turned red but the breaks wouldn't work. I started panicking and stepped on them harder but nothing happened.

A truck was coming towards me but I manage to dodge it. "What the fuck!" I felt tears escaping as I tried to stop the car. My driving probably looked like as if a five year was playing Mario Kart. I heard the police sirens going off as the light reflected from the mirror. How am I suppose to pull up! I took a deep breathe and let go of the wheel.

*Joel's Pov*

"Johann, we've been walking into so many jewelry shops." I whined as I followed him around the mall.

"But you need to find the perfect ring, Joelito." He said grabbing me by the arm and showing me a beautiful ring. My face soften and as my lips curved into a smile.

"I think I just found it." I looked up at him who smiled as big as a little kid opening presents on Christmas.

"We'll take this one!" He shouted as everyone turn to look at us. My cheeks turned red of embarrassment. I really hate Johann.

"Hey guys." Johann and I turn to look at Yoandri who was lost in his chocolate ice cream. "Did you find the ring?" He asked coming towards us. I nodded and pointed to the ring. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up.

I can't believe I'm going to propose to the life of my life. After finally days preparing for this day, I manage to finally get the courage to do it. I have everything prepared for us thanks to the guys. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here buying it--I wouldn't be able to do it by myself. But what encouraged me to propose was what Destiny told me.

Days before
-

"Hey, I have to talk to you about Miriam." A tan and tall girl came up to me. I looked at her confused not knowing who she was. "I'm Destiny." Everything then clicked. "I'll see you inside okay?" I nodded and she walked away.

A couple of minutes later, I excused myself and walked inside finding Destiny in the kitchen. "Hey so what do you want to talk about?"

She leaned in close to my face but not too close making me back up since it still made me feel uncomfortable. "I think you should propose to her already."

I was taken back from her words. She's been living in London for years and lost connection with Miriam and out of no where appears and tells me to marry the love of my life? That's not suspicious at all.

"I am but not right now." I spoke. She stood up straight and studied me. She was definitely checking me out.

"Joel, you're a good looking guy you know that right?" Her tick British accent made it a bit difficult to understand what she said but I nodded. She chuckled and hit my shoulder a little too hard than planned. "I'm joking. I know you're my best friend's boyfriend." Best friend?