Chapter 4

"We should get a dog." I said plopping myself next to Joel with a bowl of popcorn. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow at me. "What? I thought you liked dogs."

"We both have a different dream dog." He said chuckling while flipping through the channels.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Not even. We both like huskies."

He reached over and grabbed some popcorn while shaking his head. "I want a pug."

"So a fish it is." I said making him laugh and spit out his popcorn. "Joel!" I said getting up from him. "That's nasty." He picked up the popcorn and went to the kitchen to throw it away.

"It's your fault. You made me laugh." He said laying down on my laps.

"So I'm going to eat this by myself?" I said looking down at him. He furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed a handful but before he could shove it in his mouth I stopped him. "Te me vas ahogar. Get up."

He sat up and ate it. "There." He said and laid down again.

----

The light from the television illuminated the whole room. I looked down and saw Joel's eyes shut. I smile and caress his cheek. "I'm so lucky." I whispered. I ran my hand through his hair and it seemed as he didn't feel anything since he was still sleeping. I studied his features and ran a finger through his chin. His sharp jawline, his plump lips, his long and beautiful eyelashes to his neck my eyes traveled. God he's so beautiful.

"Thank you mi amor." I heard him say. I lightly hit his chest and let out a small laugh. "You're beautiful too. More than I can explain." He sat up on my lap and stared at me. "I'm the luckiest guy alive."

"I love you so much Joel." I said as we both leaned in. He cupped my face and kissed me passionately. I pulled back and smiled at him.

"I love you more."

---

"Buenos días familia Pimentel!" Johann shouted from the kitchen. Joel and I were going down the stairs and were greeted by Amanda.

"Tío!" She shouted as her arms stuck out waiting to be picked up by Joel. Joel picked her up and spin her around while she laughed.

"Johann, don't you own a house of your own o qué pedo?" I chuckled earning a glare from him.

"Mujer, les estoy haciendo desayuno y así me pagas?" He put a hand on his chest pretending to be hurt. I rolled my eyes and put the water to heat up for my coffee.

"What are you guys doing here?" Joel asked Johann while holding Amanda.

"I talked to the priest and he said it was fine."

"Johann are you trying to throw a wedding for us! You need to cancel I haven't proposed." Joel panicked.

"What?" I blurt out.

"Wait." Joel's cheek turned pink while Johann laughed his ass off. "That's not what you were talking about right?"

I shook my head while still having a confused expression. "I forgot to tell you yesterday since we were at your parents'. But Johann wanted us to be the padrinos of Amanda." I said and pinched little Amanda's cheek.

"Oh." Was all he said. He sat Amanda down on the stool.

After Johann stopped laughing he said. "Miriam thought you guys had to be married but I talked to the priest and he said it was fine."