Chapter 24

I was still in my car with the engine off. I couldn't believe everything I saw and heard. Why am I believing her words? She could be lying. But what I saw says it all. There's something up.

I wiped my tears and turn the engine on. I drove close to the house and saw them all looking at the computer screen as Yoandri explained.

I felt my blood boiled and what I did next took me by surprise. I pressed hard on the middle of the wheel and a long beep sound echoed. Startled, they turned around and their faces dropped.

I never let sight of Joel. I was hurt and disgusted. He quickly got up and walked out towards my car. I had the window down so I shouted "Fuck you Joel."

"Please let me explain." He shouted as he got to the car. He was now leaning on the window from the passenger seat.

I wanted an explanation and apology so bad I let that get to me. I turned the car off and got off. I was now face to face with Joel with tear stains on my face.

He stared straight at my eyes as hurt and guilt was written on them. I lost control of my anger and slapped him across his face. The others gasped but didn't say a word.

Joel touched his cheek and looked at me. My tears threatened to spill and I wasn't going to hold them back.

"You're a liar!" I shouted. "You lied!" I said pushing him. He stayed quiet and didn't dare to look at me.

"Miriam, please calm down." Destiny said behind him.

"Shut up! Stay out of this!" I shouted. By now, the whole neighborhood was watching us through their windows.

"You're causing a scene, Miriam." Yoandri said seriously as he stood with Stacy by the doorway.

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "I can't believe you agree to this shit. You put my life in danger." I said angrily.

Joel furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I know the plan, Pimentel. You're not fooling me." As soon as I said that, the four of them lost their color. They were pale and quiet.

I shook my head in disappointment and walked towards my car. I drove home and cried my eyes out.

A couple of minutes later, Joel came home. "Miriam, please let me explain."

"Fuck you!" I shouted getting up from the couch as he stood in front of me. "Destiny killed our baby and you still teamed up with her."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "That's not what's happening. Chloe caused this. Destiny's trying to protect you. She needs our help."

"Oh so there is a plan that involves my life and you didn't bother to tell me? So I may have gotten the story wrong, but I was right. You're a selfish piece of shit!"

"How! For wanting to protect you!"

"How are you protecting me! We lost our child!" I shouted as tears fell. He stayed quiet as his eyes got glossy.

"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to hurt you." He softly said.

"So keeping it away from me was the right thing? She hurt me so much and you decided not to tell me?" I said looking into his eyes.

"I didn't want to worry you." He said looking down.

My jaw clenched as tears fell. "You lost my respect and trust." He looked up as his eyes got more watery. He didn't say anything but he knew where I was going with this.

I looked down at the tiles finding the courage to find a way to say it. I looked up at him with tears, "We need a break."

He looked crushed as his eyes got glossy but nodded in agreement. "Just know that I won't give up. I'll make you fall in love all over again like the first time."

And with that he left me standing there alone. He slammed the door and drove off to who knows where.

I fell to my knees and cried one more time.

*Joel's Pov*

Tears continue to fall as I continue to drive God knows where. I wanted to climb the top of a mountain and scream. The anger in me made it harder for me to stop crying.

My knuckles were white as I hold on tighter to the steering wheel.

I'm so fuckin stupid.

I parked next to the gas station and rested my head against the steering wheel as tears never stopped falling. "Right when I was planning to propose." I whispered to myself as I closed my eyes.

I heard two people yelling at each other getting my attention. I looked up and noticed a woman with short blonde hair arguing with a tall white man.

I watched every move the man did in case he tried to hurt her. The woman turn to look at me and made eye contact with me. The man stopped yelling and turn to look at where the woman was staring.

I felt my hear beat faster as I turn the engine on. They looked at each other as if they just saw a ghost and then back at me.

The man got inside his big white truck as the woman stood in her spot staring at me.

Maybe they're just fans?

She went to her side and got in. Minutes later, they drove off.

A flash went off bringing me back to reality. I looked at my left and saw three paparazzi coming my way. Quickly, I pulled my window up but one managed to run and put his hand in.

He cried out in pain making me stop rolling it up. I lowered it so he can take his hand off, as soon as his hand was free, the other two bombarded me with questions.

"Joel, is it true cnco is making a comeback?" A red head asked. I just nodded.

"What type of music genre would it be?" The Asian asked. I shrugged 

"Why did Miriam and you-"

"That's none of your business." I spat.

"You know it's all over the Internet right?" He added.

My jaw clenched as I looked ahead where the woman and man argued. Without answering any of the other questions, I put the window up and took the freeway entrance.

Looks like Joel Pimentel is going back to the city he grew up in.

•••••••

So close on getting 2.9k reads lol but here's an update :)

Comment your favorite cnco song for another update

Word count: 1104