Chapter 42

"Joel!" I shouted as I opened my eyes and noticed I was laying down on the couch--sweaty. The girls turn to look at me and raised an eyebrow. I sat up and controlled my breathing. It was just a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" Destiny asked. I nodded getting up and walking towards the fridge. Ally slammed the door and got in front of it.

"Tu sabes que el frío es malo. Especialmente cuando estas sudada." She said half smiling.

"I want water though."

She pushed me towards where the girls sat on the stools and made me sit. I sat down next to Stacy and groan. I'm not a child!

Ally opened the door of the fridge and got a water bottle out.

"Isn't that still bad for her?" Destiny asked as we all chuckled.

Ally walked towards me and placed the bottle in front of me. "True but it's not as bad." I rolled my eyes and took a sip.

"So what were you guys talking about while I slept?" I asked and closed my bottle. The girls looked at each other not knowing who should talk.

Stacy cleared her throat and said. "Ally's wedding." I looked into her eyes, imitating her. "Stop looking at me like that."

"Tell me." I said looking at the girls seriously. They exchanged looks but didn't say a word. "Fine. Go home I-"

"Okay fine!" Maria said giving in. Stacy smacked her hand and shook her head. "We were talking about wanting to ask Joel to be part of Ally's wedding."

I looked at Ally as she sighed and slowly nodded. "I mean, we know you guys are kinda back together but we want to make sure it's okay with you."

I smiled and hold Ally's hand. "It's okay with me. I know how much you love him, as a brother of course, so it's okay with me."

"Are you guys even back together?" Destiny asked.

"Kinda. Well, we're getting there?" I said more of a question. Honestly now that I think about it, I don't know.

I mean we broke up and we never made it official that we're back together...but we are. I mean, we're living together again. We cuddle up like we're together. Friends with benefits? Ex boyfriend and girlfriend who love each other and act like they're together but not together together?

"So you don't mind that I put him as your partner?" Asked Ally.

I shook my head and smiled. "I don't mind."

"All this talk is making me so excited!" Squealed Maria. "I can't wait."

---

I sat down on the edge of my bed and looked outside the window. The wind blew as the crickets and owls took over the night. The moon illuminated my face as it shined bright up in the sky. I played with my bracelet as I thought about everything.

I'm lucky to have survive such things and accomplish so much.

The knock on the door startled me. I turn around and to see Joel's silhouette. I couldn't see him since the lights were off. He came to my side and sat down. His features were now clear to me. "What were you thinking about?" He asked.

"Everything." I said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"What do you mean by everything?"