Chapter 43

*Days later--4 days left for Ally's wedding*

"Joel what are you doing?" I said between laughs as he carried me bridal style.

"Just practicing." He simply said smiling. I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"You're too cute babe."

"Not as cute as you." He winked. A flash went off from our right. We looked and found three paparazzis taking pictures of us. Joel sighed and put me down. "Let's go." He said annoyed.

He intertwined our fingers and headed towards a coffee shop. They were still following us as we speed walk. "Please leave us alone." I said as more started to follow us.

"Miriam, was it hard to take Joel back?" One shouted. I felt Joel squeeze my hand. I looked up at him and noticed how angry he was getting.

"Joel, how does it feel to know you caused her-"

Joel let go off my hand and went up to the paparazzi. "Listen you fuckin asshole!" I hold his arm back as a crowd formed around us.

"Joel, please calm down. Don't listen to them." I whispered. He got less tense but never let sight of the paparazzi that was smirking. "Let's go." I added.

"Fuck yourselves!" He shouted before walking away. Thankfully they listen and left us alone. The bad thing is now he'll be everywhere in the media.

"Joel, you need to learn to control yourself." I whispered as we passed through the coffee shop and headed to the parking lot.

He stopped mid track and looked at me. "How Miriam? They keep bringing it up!"

"I know they are. But you need to ignore them. You always did. Why does it bother you know?" I asked.

He looked away and gulped. "Because I get reminded of how I fucked up and how much pain I caused you."

I placed my hand under his chin and made him look at me. "That's in the past now. Don't let that get to you. I love you okay?"

He looked into my eyes as his got watery. "I love you so much. You're the best thing that's happened to me." He rested his chin against mine and closed his eyes.

In that moment, everything felt right. It felt like it was just us two in the world. I knew that he's the one for me.

---

"Ally, ya párale mujer!" Richard said a bit annoyed. Ally smacked his arm as he walked away with the decorations. Why are we working on the decorations for the ballroom? Why didn't we hire a professional? Well, we did but they dipped and now we're stuck with a bunch of strings and what not.

"Ally, I'm an actress not a creative wedding planner." I said holding up a silky pink ribbon. She rolled her eyes and took it away from me. I put my hands up in defense making Zabdiel laugh.

"Y tu de que te ríes?" She spat. Zabdiel stopped laughing and finished gluing.

We were at Ally's and Emiliano's house. The house was covered with half done decorations. Ally kept running back and forth, yelling at everyone.

"I'm hungry!" Johann complained as Aaliyah hit him with the ramo de flores. He touched his chest and pouted.

"Tia Sofia, how did you married him?" Aaliyah asked across the room. Everyone laughed as Sofia shrugged.