II

We got off the car and went upstairs. Lucky me, my parents were still out at my uncle's which was strange since it was almost midnight.

"Girl, you better get cute though." Stacy said looking through my closet. "Gotta impress not just Joel but his momma too." My eyes widen and that's when I realized Patty was with them too.

"You know what, I'll just stay home. My parents are-"

"Shut up hoe." Stacy said then threw my leather jacket at me. "You're going and I'm making sure you go."

"I don't want to though. I feel sick." I whined changing to the blue top and black skinny jeans.

"If i need to deal with blushy Christopher, you're going to deal with Mr. Tímido." She said grabbing the dress from the floor and putting it in the dirty laundry basket. I put on my leather jacket and walked over to my mirror.

"You know, you don't have to go." I said while putting my choker on. "Neither do I."

"Yeah I'm not leaving Maria and Ally alone with five guys." She laughed sarcastically. "Who knows what can happen. By the way, can you let me borrow clothes?" I nodded and put my black boots on.

"I'm so tired. I don't think I'll go to school tomorrow." I said getting up and fixing my hair. I went to the restroom and brushed my teeth. I went back to my room and sprayed some body spray.

"Same here and I blame the locas." She said while changing into black jeans and a white plain tshirt. "What?" She asked looking at me.

"At least dress nicely. I know you don't want to be there but at least but some effort." I grabbed my jean jacket and threw it at her. She let out a sigh and put it on. Her heels were black so it still matched her outfit. Thank God because we don't have the same size shoes.

"Let's go." She said grabbing the keys to Maria's car. She looked at her phone and groan. "It's far."

"Well if we don't hurry we'll get there hella late." I grabbed her arm and turned off the lights. We got in the car and drove off.

---

"Aye! Vinieron!" Erick shouted and moved to the side. We walked in awkwardly since all eyes were on us.

"Just in time." Richard said coming up to us and hugging us. The smell of alcohol was the only thing I smelled from him. I pulled back and covered my nose. "Let's go outside. We're about to make s'mores." Everyone got up except Joel. He was now wearing his black adidas joggers and a hoodie. Wow I should've came in my pajamas then.

I stood there awkwardly not knowing if I should sit down next to him or go with the rest. "You can stay here if you want." He said looking up at me. I nodded and sat down next to him. I felt nervous and awkward so I looked outside at the fire. "Do you even want to be here?" He chucked looking at me.

"Not really." I said in all honesty still staring at the fire. Everyone was laughing and drinking. "Drinking at midnight is not my thing." I let out a small awkward laugh. In the corner of my eye, I noticed that he half smiled and turn his attention to the fire and everyone outside.

"Same." He let out a long sigh and then said. "Only reason I'm here is because I knew you would need some company." I looked at him confused and he looked up at me smiling.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You don't seem like a party person."

"I am a partying person. Minus the drinking, grinding and smoking weed." I defended myself.