Chapter 12

*Joel's Pov*

This can't be happening. I felt everyone's eyes on me waiting for my reaction. As soon as the doctor explained, it felt real. I looked away hoping the guys would stop staring at me but they wouldn't move a muscle.

"La actriz Miriam Gomez se accidentó hoy en la mañana. Se a reportado que la joven de veinte tres años estaba embarazada y lamentablemente, perdió su hijo. El padre era el cantante y actor Joel Pimentel." I looked up at the television near us and saw it was on the Univision channel. All the guys' attention was on the reporter as she looked into the camera. "Se dice que el joven, Pimentel no sabía del embarazo solo la amiga de Miriam, Sofía Vera, esposa del cantante Johann Vera." I closed my eyes and breath in.

How did a day that was suppose to be full of excitement and happiness turn to the most heart breaking day of my life?

I looked up at the television again and they were showing images of the car. My stomach did flips seeing how destroyed my car looked. The thought of Miriam possibly dying came in mind making my eyes get watery.

But why did the breaks of my car not work? It should've been me not her. We wouldn't have lost our baby. Our baby...my heart felt ten times heavier knowing I lost my child. The only thing I been wanting so badly it got snatched out of my hands before I had the chance to know that I was going to be a father.

I heard footsteps getting closer and realized it was the doctor. We all stood up and waited impatiently for his words. "She's awake." We all sighed in relief but the doctor's face was serious making me anxious. "She fractured her leg and has some scratches. Other than that, she's good and healthy. Definitely a miracle."

"Thank you so much." I don't know what got to me but I hugged the doctor. He was taken back but hugged me. I let go knowing he was probably feeling uncomfortable. He then excused himself and left.

"This is such a relief. I'll go and update her parents." Sofia said getting up and walking outside.

*Destiny's POV*

"No no no." I shouted frustrated taking the tablecloth off. I was currently at the beach setting up for Joel but these people are really hard to work with and we're annoying me. "I said a white tablecloth not red."

"But Mr. Pimentel-"

"No butts!" I shouted making the man jump. He nodded and quickly took the tablecloth and walked away.

I looked around making sure everything was in place and perfect. This is the most special and important day for my best friend and it has to be perfect.

I turned my location off so Chloe wouldn't find me. You see, I'm not the bad guy here and I'm not staying here in LA for business like everyone thinks including Miriam. I came down here because Johann suspects something about Chloe. He told me everything about her and that was enough for me to dislike her.

I'm working on becoming a police detective back in London so I know some tricks and skills. Knowing that Chloe is up to something, planning revenge, I knew she would try to use people close to Miriam. How did she find out about me? Well, it all happened one night in where i found her number....

Months ago
-

"Hello is this Chloe Patterson?"

"Yes. This is she. Who is this?" I smirked and cleared my throat.

"Let's just say, I'm the golden ticket to your target." She stayed quiet and then sighed.

"Look, I don't have time for this okay?" She said annoyed.