Chapter 48

"Ally!" I shouted looking for her backstage. We were back with filming for the show. Production walked unbothered from one place to another as I tried to move away. I groaned in frustration and headed to my dressing room.

I closed the door as sat down on the chair. I've been stressed lately since my role has gotten complicated. Definitely a challenge for me.

It's been three weeks since Ally's wedding...since Joel proposed. I smiled at the flashback from that night.

Joel and I, unlike Ally and Emiliano, decided to take things slow and not get married that soon. Everything's great for everyone. All the cnco members solo projects are taking off. Stacy's back on tour and Maria is back in Miami and is currently a teacher at Miami High. She wasn't expecting to be a high school teacher but she took it anyways.

My phone rung showing Ally's contact name and photo. "Where are you?" I asked harsh.

"Estoy embarazada guey. Se me antojo tacos de lengua." She defended herself. I rolled my eyes and ran a hand through my hair.

"Well, you should've told me! I'm here como loca looking for you."

She chuckled. "Sorry. I'm almost getting there. And I got you some tacos too." My anger washed away as soon as she said that.

"Did you put salsa verde?" I asked and bit my lower lip as a smiled tried to creep on my face.

She sighed, I knew she rolled her eyes. "Yes. I did."

I smiled. "Okay. I'll wait for you. Be careful." I said before hanging up. I rested my phone on the vanity and stared at my reflection.

My face has definitely matured. I felt happy with my appearance and how my life has turned. The kidnapping still seems as if it was a crazy nightmare I had but that sadly happened. Straight out of a telenovela.

I looked up at the photo of the baby Joel and I are trying to adopt. Yes, we're on the process of it. We talked it out and decided to adopt since I can't have children. I smiled admiring the baby's features. How can women abandon their children like that?

I hung the picture on the mirror and headed out to wait for Ally near the food table.

---

Ally and I sat on our chairs and laughed our asses off. Holding our taco in one hand and our plate in other, we continue to laugh. "Careful there. You girls are going to choke." Our director warned as he passed by.

Ally and I looked at each other and catch our breathes. She took a bite of her taco and then asked. "So how are the adoption papers going?"

I sighed and put my taco down. "It's complicated and stressful." Add that to the list of why I've been stressed lately too. She nodded and took another bite. "How's your pregnancy?"

"Good. I'm three months now!" She said excitedly. "I can't wait." I smile and took a bite of my taco.

"So what are you going to do for your 24th birthday?" Asked Ally. I froze not knowing what to answer since I totally forgot that my birthday is next week. She gasped and looked at me.

"You haven't planned anything? Miriam!" She shouted.

I shrugged. "I don't have time for that. I stopped celebrating my birthday in big since my 19th birthday." I said referring to the huge party Joel and the rest cnco threw for me.

"Well, we have to get lit this year." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't want to." I whined.

She shook her head. "We're going to celebrate and I don't care what you say. We're going to throw a party."

I rolled my eyes and continue eating knowing there's no point in arguing.

---

I got home and found Joel sitting down watching cartoons. I chuckled and kissed his cheek startling him. "Are you 24 or 4?" I teased.

He laughed sarcastically and moved so I can sit next to him. "How was filming?"

I groaned. "Tiring. I'm still struggling with my role. I don't know why they made Amy seem bitchy."

He chuckled and state into my eyes. "You'll get it. Don't worry, babe." He assured. I cuddled up to him as he rubbed my back softly.

"So how's your first ever solo album going?" I asked. Yes, first solo album. Ever since CNCO broke up, Joel went to the acting industry and only concentrated on that. Now he decided to go back to music and finally work on his solo album.

"It's going great. I recorded four songs already." He said as his eyes lighten up. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"That's great. I can't wait to hear it." He smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead. I sat up and headed to the kitchen.

I felt getting light and a pain coming from my lower stomach. I winced in pain and dropped my cup. Joel heard and ran towards me. "Miriam are you okay?" 

"Take me to the hospital!" I shouted as the pain got worse. He helped me and took me to his car. I got in and groaned in pain. Joel quickly drives to the hospital.

*Joel's pov*

I was panicking holding Miriam in my arms. Flashbacks of her car accident came into my mind. "Please help me."

The nurse called for help and quickly took her in. My breathing seem to calm as I sat down on the waiting room. I called Ally since she's the only one here in LA. I also called Sofia and let her know as well.

In twenty minutes or so, they all barged in from the door. By all I meant our friends. I guess word spreads fast. The only ones missing were Stacy, Destiny and Maria.

"How is she? What happened?" Ally asked worriedly.

"She felt pain and almost fell. And I don't know how she's doing. The doctor hasn't informed me." I said. They all exchanged looks and nodded. We sat down and waiting for the doctor.

After ten minutes, he came and we all stood up. "Who's her partner?" He asked looking at all of us. I stepped forward and gulped. "Please follow me."

I nodded and we walked to his office. I sat down and felt my throat get dry. "So how is she?"

He looked up and said. "It seems like a miracle happened." 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Miss. Gomez is three weeks pregnant. Almost a month." He replied. I felt my jaw drop as tears threatened to spill.

"S-she's pregnant?" I asked shocked. The doctor nodded. "How?"

"Well, if you both had unprotected sex-"

"I mean how if she was told she couldn't have a child?" I cut him off.

He shrugged. "I'm still trying to figure it out. But all I can say is that that kid is a miracle and a blessing." He smiled.

I smiled and felt my tears fall. "I'm going to be a dad!" I shouted as the doctor laughed.

••••••••
Y'all weren't expecting that huh? :) lol

If you want me to post my first chapter from my new book, comment: Jowl Pimienta

-JoelPxmentel

Word count: 1211