Chapter 13

*Joel's Pov*

I couldn't sit patiently anymore. I stood up and paced back and forth as Yoandri's and Erick's eyes were on me. They're going to end up being dizzy if they don't stop staring at me. By now, the news travelled and every friend of Miriam were waiting for the visiting hours. The door swung open revealing a very worried Destiny. She looked over at our group, searching for someone or should I say me.

As soon as she saw me, she came up to me. "How is she?"

"She's fine. A few scratches and a fractured leg." I said leaving out the miscarriage part. She sigh in relief as her hand rested in her chest.

"Thank god." Her tick accent was something I founded amusing yet hard to understand. I nodded and she took a sat next to Ally.

Poor Ally, she looked exhausted. She had to fly in from Jalisco since she was filming for a telenovela with Emiliano. Her eyes could barely stay open as she rested her chin on the palm of her right hand. She would switched from hands trying to stay awake.

"Ally, you can go home and rest." I spoke up as all heads turn to look at Ally then me. She shook her head and half smiled.

"My best friend needs me more than anything. I want to be here." She softly spoke. Emiliano intertwined his hand with hers and kissed her cheek. They're so cute. I hope they last long.

"Mr. Pimentel, can I speak with you for a moment?" I heard a voice behind me say and all eyes were on the person behind me. I turn around and was face to face with the doctor.

I followed him to his office and sat down on the red comfy chair. He let out a long sigh as he opened Miriam's documents.

"Doctor, if she's okay, why did-"

"She is okay. But we just found something that I think you should know since I'm guessing you were the father of the baby." He cut me off without looking up. I just nodded for him to continue. "Miss. Gomez, from now on, won't be able to get pregnant."

"What?" For the millionth time today, my heart shattered. "What do you mean she can't get pregnant?"

"The car accident made a hug impact with her system." He said now looking at me. I looked down at my fingers not knowing what else to say. We'll never have the opportunity to be parents anymore?

*Stacy's pov*

I sat on the edge of my bed and stare outside the window. I felt empty and numb knowing that Miriam's at the hospital because of Chloe. I waited patiently for Destiny's call but nothing.

After waiting, I decided to get on Twitter and check if she's made it on the headlines. All I saw were articles being retweeted from left to right--all about Miriam.

I clicked on one and read it. My eyes widen as soon as I read one of the first sentences. "She was p-pregnant." I whispered to myself as my eyes got watery. "She lost her child." I locked my phone as my tears fell. I remember her telling Ally, Maria and I on how much Joel wanted a child and that she did too but was scared. The way her face lighten up as she spoke about having her own child was heart warming. Her wish came through but it was snatched out of her hands faster than she can blink.

Chloe caused this.

My blood boiled as I made a fist. She's not going to get away with this. She promised we weren't going to hurt them physically and that's what she did and not just them, but also their unborn child.

"I'll make sure you get the pain you caused her. I'll make sure it's ten times painful." I said through gritted teeth.

*Joel's Pov*