Chapter 29

I sat in the way back of the car with Ally in the middle and Stacy on her right. I had my head leaning against the cold window as we were now on the mountains. The sun was setting as darkness took over the forest.

The thought of knowing Joel is in danger at the moment killed me. Images of him tide up while bleeding came in my mind as tears escaped.

If I didn't break up with him, I'd be with him and he wouldn't be in this situation. I could've prevented it.

Ally's hand ran up and down my right arm helping my breathing. I sat up since I was slumped in my seat and looked around. The forest at this time gives me the chills. It felt like any moment now, big foot and creepy creatures would appear and chase us.

"There's the bridge." Yoandri said as he pointed. Destiny was driving as he sat in the passenger's seat. Nathan and Jack sat in the middle seats.

I took my phone out in hope to see if I could track Joel's location but his phone was off. Of course Miriam. The kidnappers aren't stupid.

The bumpy bridge made the car sway as we passed. We then stopped in front of a huge cabin. It looked more like a mansion or resort.

I didn't want to open the door. Something was telling me not to. "Guys wait!" I said making everyone stopped what they were doing. "I don't think it's safe for us to get off like that. What if they're armed?"

"We are too." Destiny said.

"We have bullet proof vets and guns in the back." Jack explained. I nodded as everyone began to get off. I have to hold a gun....great.

Destiny handed everyone a jacket as Nathan gave us a gun. My hands were shaky as I felt the cold metal against my skin.

"Follow my lead. Don't wonder around." Nathan said. We all nodded and walked behind him.

I looked around and everything seemed peaceful as if no one has been here for days. "Miriam." I turn to look at Ally and noticed I was already behind. I ran towards her and mentally face palm myself for getting distracted.

Nathan and Jack knock down the door with their legs as Destiny turn the flash light on. "It's empty."

"Stay here." Destiny demanded. The three of them went inside as we stood outside. The wind blew as the crickets made sound. It was now getting more dark as fear kicked in.

My phone went off as everyone glared at me. I answered without looking at the ID. "You're in the wrong place love." I heard a female say as she laughed.

I looked at everyone as they waited eagerly. "Chloe, what do you want?" I said trying to act tough.

"From you? Nothing. Joel though." She said chuckling. "Everything."

"Let him go!" I shouted as tears fell.

"Joel, say hi to Miriam." She said.

"Joel?" I asked worriedly. "Are you okay?"

He coughed and winced. "Yeah. I-im fine." I covered my mouth as more tears fell. He's hurt! Joel's hurt.

"Bye now." Chloe said before hanging up.

"Was that her?" Asked Destiny as she now stood in front of me with Nathan and Jack. I nodded and cried.

"He's hurt! She hurt him!" I shouted as Yoandri tried to control me.

Destiny shook her head. "What did she say?"

I took a deep breath and said. "We're in the wrong place."

Destiny cursed and ran a hand through her hair. "Now what! We could've tracked that call. Ugh I'm so stupid!" She shouted frustrated.

"Destiny calm down." Stacy said. "We'll find her."

"How Stacy!" She shouted.

"I think I know where she might be." Ally whispered. We all looked at her confused. "When she was in the show with Emiliano, Miriam and Joel, she said she would go to this abandoned home in East LA."

"East LA has a lot of abandon homes." Stacy said.

"I know but she said it's by an abandon donut shop. She said she goes there to smoke." Ally added.

"The one going to the Dodger's stadium?" Asked Stacy.

Ally shrugged. "I have no idea. But that's all I heard her say last time. That she goes there to think too."

"Let's go." I said desperately. Yoandri grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Miriam we can't go like that." He said.

"Yeah we can." Destiny said. "It's not a lot of information but it's enough. We can go."

We all exchanged looks and headed to the car. We got in still holding the guns and wearing the vests.

I looked outside the window at the bright moon and prayed we could find Joel safe and sound.

---

We were now in East LA driving around. Everyone was in the look out for an abandon old donut shop but nothing. It was now ten pm and still nothing.

My head pounded as my stomach growled. Destiny turn to look at me and laughed earning a smile from me. "I think we should stop by and get something to eat." She said looking at Yoandri from the passenger's seat.

He nodded and drove to the closest in n out. The place wasn't packed since it was late at night. We took the vests off and let the guns in our seats before getting off.

I shivered as I walked inside and the few people who were there stared at us. A girl pointed at me and whispered to her boyfriend. The boyfriend looked at me and gave me a smile of sympathy.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and shrugged it off. "Go sit down." Destiny told Ally and I. We nodded and passed through the girl and her boyfriend but got stopped by her.

"I'm so sorry Miriam." She said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Why did you say that? Don't you see she broke up with him? She doesn't care." A girl from my right spat as she looked at me in disgust. "It's all you fault. Cnco was suppose to make a comeback but now one of them is in danger."

I gulped and fought my tears. "Just because we aren't together doesn't mean it doesn't hurt me or that I stopped loving him." I said looking at her as her tears fell.

"Come on. You don't need to explain." Ally said grabbing my arm. We passed through them and sat down. I ran a hand through my hair as tears fell.

"How do they know?" I said looking at Ally.

"It's probably out in the media already since Nathan reported it. And Joel's famous." She said looking at me with no expression. Joel and her were the closest. Almost like brother and sister although it seemed like she wanted to kill him at times. Just like me, she's been crying but tries to be strong for me.

She brought me into a hug and said. "We'll find him. Joel's strong. He'll get through everything. I know he will." She said as she rubbed my back.

Please God, help us find him.

••••••

Word count: 1196