Chapter 40

*Miriam's pov*

I went backstage with everyone else after the concert was over. All the guys went their own separate ways as they talked to each of the Cnco members. I was looking around for Joel but couldn't find him.

"Looking for me?" I turned around and found Joel holding red roses. I smiled and hugged him. "You're going to ruin the roses." He said while we laughed.

I pulled back and he handed them to me. "They're beautiful. Thank you."

"Not as beautiful as you."

"Joel, they want you." Richard said putting his hand on his shoulder. Joel rolled his eyes and nodded. "Ahorita regresa."And with that they walked towards and interviewer who held a camera up to their face.

"Miriam!" I turned around and saw Patty running up to me with her arms wide open. I smiled and embraced her into a hug. She pulled back and never stopped smiling. "Pensé que no ibas a llegar."

"Seré honesta. No planeaba pero me di cuenta que de verdad no puedo vivir sin Joel. Lo amo demasiado para dejarlo ir." I felt my vision get blurry as I stare into Patty's brown eyes.

"Y él también te ama. Estos último días, no podía ni dormir. Solo pensaba en ti."

"Miri!" Gabriel shouted as he gave me a hug. The other two then hugged me. "You have no idea how nervous and crazy Joel was. He even threw up last night."

"Tmi." Emanuel said rolling his eyes.

"How's it going, Ema?" I asked quietly as his family had a side conversation about who knows what. He sighed but nodded.

"Everything's fine. I feel relieved and happier although I'll admit, I miss her." He said half smiling.

I patted his back and gave him a hug. "You'll find the right person--the person you deserve."

"Thank you for giving my brother another chance." He blurt out. I looked up and he was smiling down at me. "But I know why you hesitated. Give it some time. That pain will soon will be gone because your love for each other is bigger. You two were meant to be."

I smiled and pulled back from his hug. "Thank you Emanuel. I needed that. I needed to heard those words so I can know how to tell him that."

"I know he'll listen and will make it work because he loves you."

"And I love him too."

---

"Babe I was thinking in-"

"Joel," I stopped him and he looked happy it crushed me but I need to tell him.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked studying my body.

"I'm fine. I just-" I took a deep breath and made him sit next to the seat next to me. "I want you to know the truth."

"You only came because you felt bad?" He said as his voice came out shaky.

"No. No. Not at all. I came because I love you. I wanted to give you a second chance. The truth is I wasn't planning to come. But Stacy made me realize that I was just hurting myself. I love you and I want to be with you. But I kept letting the past get to me. It hurts to know that the person you love kept a big secret from you." I said looking into his eyes.

He nodded and held my hand. "I understand and I'm thankful that you're giving us a chance. I know what you're going to say. We'll need to start All Over Again." Wow he truly knows me.

I nodded and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you more." He said before leaning in and kissing my lips.

"Wow. I love my parents." Yoandri said as Joel and I pulled back. "I love seeing you two together."

Joel smiled at me and then looked back at Yoandri. "What do you need?"

"Well, we're all going out to eat." My eyes widen. "Yes all as in Joel's family, us and cnco."

"Damn. We're going to mob the restaurant." I said making them chuckle.

"We'll need like 7 body guards then." Joel said before getting up.

"Or all your guys' body guards." I added as I got up. "We'll need it."

---

We were at Denny's since that was the only place that's the closest place that's open during this time. It was about to be midnight so many dinners were closed or far from the arena.

Laughter filled the air as we ate. It made me warm inside to see all my friends together happy as I, myself, was too.

I looked up to Joel and hold his hand with my left one. He looked at me and smiled before giving my hand a squeeze.

"So Ally, how's the wedding going?" Destiny asked as all eyes were on Emiliano and her.

"Great." Emiliano said happily as Ally furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh honey. We're far from great." She said as we laughed. "It's a disaster and I'm stressed."

"You need to not stress. Remember, estas embarazada." Johann before taking a sip of his drink.

"I think I know that Johann." She sassed. Johann put his hands up as we all told her to chill. "Pares de gueyes."

"Tú también mami." Stacy joked as Ally threw her napkin at her.

"Cómo te va a ti, Stacy?" Chris asked as Stacy fixed her hair. Although Chris is married and has two kids, he will continue to love Stacy. Yes, he's had other crushes before but it seems like he'll forever have those feelings for her but not to the point to get married with her. I think it's more like a brotherly love.

She slowly nodded. "It's great. I hace five new songs written."

"Cuando nos toca escucharlas?" Erick asked excitedly. He always loved Stacy's songs aunque antes no les entendía la letra.

"Muy pronto mi Cubano." She said and smiled at him from across the table.

"Y tú Miriam? Como te va con tu show?" Asked Zabdiel.

"Bien. It premieres next week." I smiled as I looked at everyone.

"I'm glad everything's turning out great for you. You deserve everything." Maria said as she smiled widely.

"Thank you Mari. Now, tell us how it's going back home." I said and took a sip of my drink.

"Well, things are still not the same without y'all." She said looking at Stacy, Ally, Johann, Yoandri and I. "But everything's great. I have a job interview at our old middle school and hopefully I get the job and be able to teach there."

We all cheered and clapped. "That's great. When is it?" I asked.

"Well, in four days. That's why I'm leaving on Sunday." She said a bit nervous.

"Don't be nervous, little sis. I'm pretty sure you'll get the job." Richard said.

"Yeah Tía. You'll be fine." Aaliyah said.

"Let's hope so." She said smiling.

••••••

Comment: 'tostilocos are bomb' for another update ❤️

-JoelPxmentel

Word count: 1154