Chapter 31

I brought my knees up and rested my head between them. I felt someone sit next to me and although I couldn't see who they were, I knew they were staring at me. The laughs from everyone filled the room but it still didn't lighten my mood.

"Miriam, you need to eat." Richard said. I looked up at him who had his son in his arms.

I shook my head and placed my chin between my knees. "I'm not hungry."

He sighed and put his son down. "I know it's hard right now. But you need to eat and sleep."

"How do you want me to sleep at night knowing that Joel's in pain and that we can't do anything about it since it hasn't been 48 hours yet." I said looking at him as my eyes got watery.

He looked down and slowly nodded. I looked up and saw everyone in the kitchen laughing and eating. Having the best time of their life as if their friend isn't kidnapped.

I got up from the couch and walked towards the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. The guys' wives stayed quiet as I was now in the kitchen as well. I felt anger building up as I closed the fridge, they were still staring at me. "What." I said coldly.

Yocelyn shook her head and gave me a small smile as the others stare without saying a word. I looked towards where the guys were and sighed. "Everyone get out of my house." I shouted. All eyes were on me as confusion was splattered on their faces. Some even exchanged looks.

"Miriam, I don't think that's best for-"

"Johann please! I want to be alone." I begged. "Having you guys here is not helping. In fact, it's pissing me off to see you guys happy acting like Joel's not in danger and who knows where." I said as tears escaped.

He nodded and signal everyone to leave. Everyone walked towards the door with their kids. "Just know we're here for you okay?" Johann said. I nodded and he kissed my forehead before leaving me and closing the door.

Since Nathan reported the kidnapped, police told Nathan, Jack and Destiny to not do anything unless we find more clues. Of course, they weren't going to listen and are currently working on it on the low.

Destiny said she was going to text me on the new plan and it's been two hours and still nothing. I threw myself on the couch and sighed.

I heard a knock on the door and closed my eyes hoping they'll leave but they continue to knock. I groaned and got up. I opened the door and the person I least expected stood there. "What the hell-"

"Miriam, I know where he is." The young brunette from the same night Joel and I got into an argument said.

My heartbeats increased as I stared at her bright brown eyes. "How do I know you're not lying?"

She pulled a paper from her black leather jacket and handed it to me. "Joel wrote it. He's safe, kinda."

I took the crumbled paper and looked up at her. The look in her eyes said it all. I nodded for her to continue. "He's hurt. I won't lie but I've been taking care of him as much as I can without Chloe knowing. But I can't take it anymore. It hurts me to know you both and his family are in pain. His bruises and cuts are starting to heal but he's still hurt. I can't anymore." She said as tears fell.

I gulped and stared down at the paper in front of me. "Where are you guys?"

"We're in the abandon home next to where Rylie's Donuts was. Heading to the Dodgers Stadium." My heart dropped. Ally was right. We should've continue searching for him last night.

"Thank you. By the way, what's your name?" I asked now looking at her.

"My name's Monica." She then looked down. "I'm no longer going to work for her which means I won't treat Joel's cuts or feed him. So please go tonight. Go get him before Chloe does anything." She looked up and left me standing on the door way.