Chapter 40: A Death In The Family

Garnet P.O.V
It's now 5am in the morning and I'm ready to go. I've already left a note on the counter, with small tears in my eyes. I hate to leave my family, but I'm doing this not only for them, but for the children and leaders of this country of the future. All my things are already packed, I've texted the general and he has a plane waiting for me. I kiss my babies my last kiss on the cheek and I leave the house. I'm now on my way to the airport, ready to go to Washington DC.

~~Time Skip💋💖~~

I'm now in Washington and it looks beautiful here.

"So Garnet, I want you to meet someone that has been on the force for a while and that will teach you the ropes

"So Garnet, I want you to meet someone that has been on the force for a while and that will teach you the ropes." General says and I see a man walk out. "Hi, I'm Anthony Monroe." He says and I shake his hand. "I've heard much about you. Your daughter and my daughter are dating actually." I say with a smile. "So your Mona's mother?" He asks me and I nod. "So, how did your wife take the news?" He asked me.

"She was sad at first, everyone was but I told them to stay strong and believe that I'll come back." I say and he nods in agreement. "Alright guys, where here. You guys do your first mission tomorrow. Monroe, show Stone the around the facility would you?" General asks while getting out of the plane and we follow him. He nods and me, Anthony, and the general goes out separate ways. "So, let's get you settled into one of the girls rooms." He says mad I follow him across the field to wear a big building was. He opens the doors and I see a big hall of doors and a small front desk. "Just ask that lady there, and she'll set you up with everything." He says and I nod while he steps out waiting for me. "Hello, I'm Garnet Loretta Stone, I'm here to settle in." I say to the lady. "Ok, your in room 3-B. Here's your keys and your weapons and communication equipment is under your bed or in the big grey locker in your bunk." She says with a smile. I smile back and I instantly see my room and I go in. "Hello, I'm Macy." A girl says while she's just reading a book. "Hi, I'm Garnet." I say and head to an empty bed. "So how many of us are there staying in here?" I ask. "Well, it's me, you, Jasmine, Claudia, and Taylor." She says. "Oh ok. I'm going to change real quick." I say and she just nods.

I start changing and then I hear her say "Wow, your really ripped." She says blushing a little bit. "Thanks I do work out a lot, so does my wife." I say and finish changing. "Oh that's nice." She says and starts reading her book again. I head out of my room and out of the building and see Anthony waiting on me. "Ready?" He says. "Yes sir." I say and we start jogging to our next destination. "So this, is the weapon room. Basically where all the tanks, bots, drones, guns, machetes, bombs, you name it, we got it all." He says and I start walking around looking up at everything and it looks amazing. "This is......Amazing!" I say and turn around to see Anthony just smiling at me. "Haha, yeah it really is. Come on, let's get you some communication gear so you'll be able to contact people from afar." He says and we jog to the main building. "Hello, Monroe. What brings you here?" A man says while checking all the cameras. "Hey man, I just need some communication gear for your newest lady, Garnet." He says and I wave at the man. "Here you go miss. You too have a good day. Training starts tomorrow so be ready." He says as we walk out. "So what's training like?" I ask him as he puts on the gear for me and shows me how to work it. "Well, let's go see." He says and basically the whole day was filled with jogging from place to place, meeting new people, and lots of exercising, but other than all that, it was pretty great and I feel I can look up to Anthony.