I'm The Boyfriend

Angel's POV
    I knock on the door of Luka's office. He gestures for me to come in. I walk in and place the manuscripts on his desk. He looks up at me. "What did you think of them?" He asks me.
    "Um," I say, clearing my throat,"I liked all of them, but I think that Katherine McVeigh stood out more. Her story was very good and you should look into it more," I tell him. He nods, taking the one I was talking about and placing it in his jour.
    "After your day is done, do you want to go to coffee with me?" He asks. I look off to the side.
   Not thinking anything if it, I say, "Sure." He smiles at me and let's me walk out without another word.
    ×××××××××
    "How long have you been reading?" Luka asks. I set my coffee down on the table.
    "Ever since I leaned how really. I've always had a certain love for reading," I say. He nods along with my words.
    "What is it that draws to it so much that you wanted a career in it?" Is this another interview?
     "I grew up the next town over as you know, very small, and I was known as one thing. The preachers daughter. I wanted to get out and leave, when I couldn't, reading helped with that," I answer.
    A hand presses against my back. I turn around and see Christian. I did ask him to come if he wasn't working, so I don't know why I'm surprise by his presence. Luka and Christian look at each other. "Um, this is Christian. Christian, this is Luka," I say, introducing them.
    "I'm the boyfriend," Christian says sternly. I almost want to crawl under a rock and hide from embarrassment. Why does he have to be so damn possessive sometimes?    
    "I'm the boss," Luka says in a joking manner, shaking Christians hand. They glare at each other slightly. My cheeks flush. "Your girlfriend here, has been doing a great job," Luka says, looking down at me.
    "I bet she is. My girl is good at anything she sets her mind to," Christian says. Why, Christian, why? He gets it, I'm taken.
     "As nice as it was to meet you, and get go know you better, I have to get going. Have a good rest of your day," Luka says before walking off. Christian sits where he was and looks at me with a serious look.
    "That's your boss? The guy that you sent on a date with?" He asks. I nod.
    "It was three years ago, things have changed. We went on one date that ended with me going back with you," I tell him. He grins at the last part, his ego getting to him.
    "Well, tell me of he does anything to make you uncomfortable, I'll have him fired," he says. I chuckle at him, expecting him to too, but he doesn't. "I'm serious. I don't want you feeling awkward in your own work environment."
   I take his rough hand in mine, drawing small circles on his palm. "Have you come to a decision yet?" Christian asks.
    "About what?" Then it snaps in my head. I've been so caught up in work and thinking about my parents that I've forgotten to think about his question. Marriage. It's terrifying. And why would he want that with me? Forever. "I need some more time to think about it. Please, try and understand."
    He nods, lifting our hands to his lips and kissing mine. "Its okay. Take all the time you need. Just keep in mind that if you want to say no, it won't ruin our relationship," he tells me. I smile.
     "I know. I love you," I say. He looks into my eyes, leaning in closer on his elbows.
    "You know what I'm thinking?" He asks. I clench my thighs together at the tone of his voice.
    "Why we're still here and not under sheets fucking like their no tomorrow?" I ask. He grins.
    "I was going to say that you look like you could use another coffee, but that works too," he says. I laugh awkwardly. "You do know I don't fuck you right. I used to, but not anymore," he says.
    "I know, baby," I say. He straightens up.
    "So, my family us holding a charity function tonight, and in was wondering if you would come with me?" My thoughts immediately go to Sammy. That bitch. "As far as I know, she won't be there," he tells me, knowing what I'm thinking.
    "I'll go then."

AN: I don't know how long this is because they amount of words won't show. What do you think of Luka? Comment and share!! Stay alive |-/                 -Veah